ENT Just watched shamalyans Old

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
Though for how long ago I watched it and how much I've hated on it for not living up to my expectations, it might deserve a rewatch with an open mind. There has to be SOMETHING redeemable about it if so many people love it, right?

• Love
Reactions: Simius The Monkey

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
oh another problem with this movie is that the kids as they age no longer behave like children would

they obviously wouldn't have mentally developed in any degree but the actors didn't even attempt to still remain kids

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Though for how long ago I watched it and how much I've hated on it for not living up to my expectations, it might deserve a rewatch with an open mind. There has to be SOMETHING redeemable about it if so many people love it, right?
i don't care how many people don't like it honestly. i found it transporting and incredibly affecting. to me it's a masterpiece

Reactions: Downset

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
also why would the knife's rust traveling through the doc's bloodstream lead to his flesh sloughing off his body :rofl:

@Joe_Cool this is honestly your favorite movie of the last year? you have absolutely got to be kidding me man

Reactions: Dusty Busterson
TS
TS
sans_pants

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
the audience wont know rust is bad. we'd better tell them rust is bad

• Haha
Reactions: Sphygmo

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
also why would the knife's rust traveling through the doc's bloodstream lead to his flesh sloughing off his body :rofl:

@Joe_Cool this is honestly your favorite movie of the last year? you have absolutely got to be kidding me man
Yeah I was like wtf he would have gotten tetanus, not some flesh eating disease.

They should have had all his muscles lock up and he suffocates, those are the real symptoms of tetanus from a quick google.

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Yeah I was like wtf he would have gotten tetanus, not some flesh eating disease.

They should have had all his muscles lock up and he suffocates, those are the real symptoms of tetanus from a quick google.
yeah exactly, it's just stupid, sloppy, and lazy. which describes shyamalan's writing in general

i have absolutely no idea how people are defending this pile of manure

Reactions: Dusty Busterson

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
gael garcia bernal was the only good part of this thing

he's always good tho. 4/10

KneeGar

I can see you, but my eyes are not allowed to cry
OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
your hate watch has actually gotten me primed to rewatch this soon now that it's streaming so thank you for that :mamoru:

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Cool

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
your hate watch has actually gotten me primed to rewatch this soon now that it's streaming so thank you for that :mamoru:
Lol I'm glad I could be of service

I was waiting for a bro to watch bringing out the dead btw

We going in Tuesday

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
:cool:

Hope it's more to your liking this time
bro that was great. so much more manic than i remembered. his plight was so palpable, every death just crushing his spirit even further. loved the menagerie of wild ass characters surrounding him - ving rhames was especially great here. almost every one of his lines was comedic gold

it's interesting that i didn't find this movie memorable when it's bustin the seams with striking scenes and images. that final shot with him and patricia arquette comforting one another while being lit by an almost holy glow was absolutely beaut

def scorcese's most underrated rated movie from what i've seen

• Love
Reactions: KneeGar

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
still a bunch of his i haven't seen actually

after hours
new york new york
kundun
age of innocence
who's that knocking at my door
boxcar bertha
alice doesn't live here anymore
silence

KneeGar

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
bro that was great. so much more manic than i remembered. his plight was so palpable, every death just crushing his spirit even further. loved the menagerie of wild ass characters surrounding him - ving rhames was especially great here. almost every one of his lines was comedic gold

it's interesting that i didn't find this movie memorable when it's bustin the seams with striking scenes and images. that final shot with him and patricia arquette comforting one another while being lit by an almost holy glow was absolutely beaut

def scorcese's most underrated rated movie from what i've seen
Nice man. Had a good feeling you'd like it more this time. A real nihilistic cavalcade that only lets you come up for air ever so often, as Schrader is wont to do. Marty uses his script perfectly imo.

I agree with that last bit. Or at least in league with Kundun. I guess audiences just didn't 'get him' in the late 90s.

Reactions: Sphygmo

KneeGar

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
still a bunch of his i haven't seen actually

after hours
new york new york
kundun
age of innocence
who's that knocking at my door
boxcar bertha
alice doesn't live here anymore
silence
haven't seen four of those either + the aviator

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digimarkactanza