Justin Roiland facing felony domestic violence charges

Colin Robinson

OT Supporter
Aug 12, 2007
how much does he contribute to the show in terms of dialogue and plot lines? cause if he just voices the characters, hes easily replaceable.

morrowalnut

OT Supporter
Oct 28, 2004
Who ever that dumbass that chimed in with the “I’m a pedophile” needs to be cancelled from ever working in comedy ever again.
She got quiet there at the end when she realized they were only pretending to be playing

Yoritomo

Beautiful day in this neighborhood
Sep 26, 2001
DFW
Goddamnit: John Kricfalusi 2.0

I don't tend to cancel stuff but if he used his fame as Rick and Morty show creator to groom young girls then I can't support it or any secondary marketing.

FUUUUUCK

• Sad
Reactions: morrowalnut
TS
TS
sans_pants

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
it's mostly his baby iirc, Harmon was basically the guy that came in to be the production "star power" :o
he adlibs a lot but the writing has apparently been taking over for the past few years

the original show was like a weird rape thing where rick is constantly making morty suck him off. harmon gave it structure

Mammoth

I should be working.
OT Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Michigan
Adult Swim just canned Justin Roiland. Said the show will continue without him. I'm sure Dan Harmon is capable enough at being the sole "creator" going forward. But I'm not sure how the show is going to look with new people voicing both Rick and Morty.

• Wow
Reactions: Twinsen

monolith

Hey, Herbie! How's life? Taking forever.
OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Adult Swim just canned Justin Roiland. Said the show will continue without him. I'm sure Dan Harmon is capable enough at being the sole "creator" going forward. But I'm not sure how the show is going to look with new people voicing both Rick and Morty.

Either use one an AI to do his voice or use existing content to cut the dialogue together, kind of like what Pixar did with Don Rickles.

deaddweeb

Gundy, Gunder, Gunthy, Goonter, Günder... GUNTER!
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA

Just saw. Wonder what Hulu will do with Solar Opposites.

TS
TS
sans_pants

sans_pants

OT Supporter
May 2, 2002

def a lot of great voice actors out there that could do it

this is a good move

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ

Finally, it'll get cancelled.

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
Might be a good idea to address it right away, using good setup/joke about sounding different. When shit goes down, it's generally best to face it head on.

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
Might be a good idea to address it right away, using good setup/joke about sounding different. When shit goes down, it's generally best to face it head on.
I think the upcoming season was mostly done already and I guess that will air as it was. Whatever season they start working on without him they might as well use the infinite universe trope they've brought up a bunch and have a different Rick and Morty with different voices and revamp the show. If they try and replace roiland as if people wouldn't notice forget it.

Reactions: obscure/renegade
TS
TS
sans_pants

sans_pants

OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
I think the upcoming season was mostly done already and I guess that will air as it was. Whatever season they start working on without him they might as well use the infinite universe trope they've brought up a bunch and have a different Rick and Morty with different voices and revamp the show. If they try and replace roiland as if people wouldn't notice forget it.
i dont see why a show like this wouldnt address it directly

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy