F27WzL8.jpg
Sawblades ftw

Reactions: canning

spooled2.2

fuck off real life flanders
OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2002
Rancho Relaxo
Buddy of mine bought a CE c4 off the orig owner this summer. I was never a huge fan of the c4 till I got to spend some time with it and now I want one to compliment my c6z.

Reactions: canning

canning

Super Moderator
Oct 31, 2001
Buddy of mine bought a CE c4 off the orig owner this summer. I was never a huge fan of the c4 till I got to spend some time with it and now I want one to compliment my c6z.
Anyone that doesn’t like the C4 is an idiot. The C4 ZR1 is on another level.

They are going to explode in value.

Reactions: Dusty Busterson

canning

Super Moderator
Oct 31, 2001
Reactions: WS6Formula350

Leonard Washington

Aug 15, 2004
TS
TS
jeff2577

jeff2577

OT OG
Jul 30, 2001
Seattle/Bellevue
Curious what OP thinks of chassis flex and if he does anything to remedy it.

I'm a big fan of the c4 but havn't driven one in ages. The lasting impression I have is the chassis being loose.

It's pretty good until you take the targa panel off. Then you have a little cowl shake if going over railroad tracks. The convertible combats this by have an additional X-frame underneath the car. But as always in the aftermarket, there are harness bars, 4 point bars and shock tower bar for the front.

But if you are truly nuts and racing, this is what you do.
IMG_5864.JPG

IMG_5866.JPG

Chicane

Ad Hoc
OT Supporter
May 4, 2001
West Virginia
The C4 is getting more popular by the day.
I've been in a few really quick examples, but the do require some work to get them to handle very well.

Many think the platform is best to just leave as stock, maintain it properly and drive it like GM intended on the street.
The people I get along with are the ones who modify them properly and have fun on track.

The C4 is incredibly sensitive to bushings, alignment settings and choosing your way to control the rear suspension. There are many solutions for the rear suspension and I am no expert, but it can be done. Controlling the camber change and weight transfer is key.

Great car. Contrats.

Oman4x4

OT Supporter
Sep 22, 2004
Dubai / Oman / Saudi Arabia
Congrats on the new addition to the collection. Very cool.

Would love an Aqua C4 targa top with the "sawblade" wheels (looks like a turbine to me). Nearly had one as my first car but got the Jeep instead. I'm sure I would have killed myself in one at the time, but would love to have one now. Still hopeful to one day find one in immaculate condition when the budget is ready. It's my high-school "one that got away" :rofl:

1641223254057.png

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Congrats on the new addition to the collection. Very cool.

Would love an Aqua C4 targa top with the "sawblade" wheels (looks like a turbine to me). Nearly had one as my first car but got the Jeep instead. I'm sure I would have killed myself in one at the time, but would love to have one now. Still hopeful to one day find one in immaculate condition when the budget is ready. It's my high-school "one that got away" :rofl:

View attachment 184941
Love this color.

My husband's best friend (who married my sister so he is also my BIL) had a green C4 Z with the sawblades when I met him. He often had the targa.top off and during one particular spirited afternoon, he got pulled over by our city PD. While he was waiting to receive his ticket, a dove shit right on his hat/shoulder. He later told us it felt like the most C4 Corvette driver thing ever.

The officer came back, saw the immense amount of shit all over him/the car and proceeded to write him a warning instead.

• Haha
Reactions: canning and Oman4x4

Oman4x4

OT Supporter
Sep 22, 2004
Dubai / Oman / Saudi Arabia
Love this color.

My husband's best friend (who married my sister so he is also my BIL) had a green C4 Z with the sawblades when I met him. He often had the targa.top off and during one particular spirited afternoon, he got pulled over by our city PD. While he was waiting to receive his ticket, a dove shit right on his hat/shoulder. He later told us it felt like the most C4 Corvette driver thing ever.

The officer came back, saw the immense amount of shit all over him/the car and proceeded to write him a warning instead.

I've heard people say "a bird shitting on you is good luck" but this is the first time it's made sense :rofl:

anemic

OT Supporter
Jan 6, 2003
The C4 is getting more popular by the day.
I've been in a few really quick examples, but the do require some work to get them to handle very well.

Many think the platform is best to just leave as stock, maintain it properly and drive it like GM intended on the street.
The people I get along with are the ones who modify them properly and have fun on track.

The C4 is incredibly sensitive to bushings, alignment settings and choosing your way to control the rear suspension. There are many solutions for the rear suspension and I am no expert, but it can be done. Controlling the camber change and weight transfer is key.

Great car. Contrats.

:bigthumb:invaluable info.. Sounds like my gto. The car was always in need of a fresh alignment despite replacing the entire suspension.

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
lol years ago i was posting C4 cars i was considering buying and everyone made fun of me, now everyone loves c4's lol
I've always thought they were hot trash, a CLEAN ZR1 is acceptable though.

Also nobody posting interior pics lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448