GUN Kimber

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by monolith, Sep 25, 2004.

1. monolith

monolith The cats are brown now! OT Supporter

What does everyone think of Kimber? My father is looking for his first gun after seeing my G19. He was looking at Kimber but I don't know to much about them so some feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Kimber is love it or hate it. They had some quality issues as of late and many people hate the Series II guns because of the safety crap they added. Their customer service isn't too hot either. If he's into 1911's tell him to look around before dropping cash on a Kimber, there are plenty of companies making them and each has models in just about every price range you can imagine. Springfield makes some nice mid to upper level guns, and the Colt NRM make a good base gun if he wants to get into customizing work. If he's spending mucho money Les Baer and others make nice guns as well.

3. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

I would say one of your best bets is a Springfield 1911A1 "loaded"

Don't get me wrong, I love Kimbers when they are on. But I have heard the same issues as mentioned above.

4. ajdrosdick

ajdrosdick Guest

Kimbers

I own a Kimber Ultra Carry 2. I love it and wouldn't trade anything for it. It is dead on accurate. I do however agree with the other guys on the issues of price.

5. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

I have a Kimber Classic Custom Series I, and I love it, it's been very reliable and accurate. My second choice would be a Springfield Loaded though.

6. imsobored

imsobored New Member

love it or hate it.

7. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

I love mine

8. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

fixed.

9. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

having shot a series one and a series two, i'd look for a series one, or have the hammer block removed from a series two. that extra TINY little bit that it takes for the mechanism to drop the hammer block makes all the difference between a great fucking trigger, and a pretty good trigger. the series I my friend has has a much better trigger than the TLE II that my other friend has.

10. mrbill

mrbill New Member

I've got a Kimber Pro Carry II. I love it.

11. Whalephat

Whalephat Conservative Bastard

I was looking at either a Kimber "Loaded" 1911 or a Para Ordanance LTC. I think I'm going to go with the LTC after having held and shot one this past weekend. Very nice little gun and little more than half the price of a Kimber.