SE Michigan
tumblr_ndhjheFSGJ1tnaysuo1_400.gif

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

Looks like I picked the wrong week....
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
Cat herp mainly makes them sneeze and get a snotty nose/runny eyes

I’m not convinced its herp and not allergies but apparently herp is more likely.

also frequently passed from mom to kittens and I will have words with anyone who calls my cat a whore

• Haha
Reactions: kitty

cbpage

Lord and Savior
OT Supporter
May 19, 2009
L I N K B O Y Z VIP Club

I’m not convinced its herp and not allergies but apparently herp is more likely.

also frequently passed from mom to kittens and I will have words with anyone who calls my cat a whore

TIL one of my cats has herpes. Now I know what to have the vet test for the next time I take her back for it.

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory

:rofl: At last line :love:

aaawwww sorry kittah is not feeling well. I never knew, but now I do.
The twins are hitting their teens and testing my nerves. One ate a 5 foot ribbon and I pulled it out seconds before it was completely gone and god knows what would have happened. Then her sister would NOT stop digging in the trash to get to the roses I threw away. Now, they are both painting their claws black, listening to goth and pouting. I better not find catnip laying around.

Last edited:

CookieMonster

Jun 18, 2003
Louisiana

My cat had some bad sneezing when she was a kitten. So I think she has the virus too. Also when it gets really cold and we have to turn on the central heating. She starts to sneeze a lot.

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
:rofl: At last line :love:

aaawwww sorry kittah is not feeling well. I never knew, but now I do.
The twins are hitting their teens and testing my nerves. One ate a 5 foot ribbon and I pulled it out seconds before it was completely gone and god knows what would have happened. Then her sister would NOT stop digging in the trash to get to the roses I threw away. Now, they are both painting their claws black, listening to goth and pouting. I better not find catnip laying around.
My cat ate some paracord once and I didn’t know until I saw she had a tiny second tail.

wasn’t sure what to do so I grabbed the cord with a paper towel and she walked away. She howled a little but kept walking away. Amazingly about 18” of stinky cord came out with no issue

pretty sure we got very lucky

just wait till they start meowing that it’s not a phase it’s who they are

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: conflayz and kitty

kitty

OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
My cat ate some paracord once and I didn’t know until I saw she had a tiny second tail.

wasn’t sure what to do so I grabbed the cord with a paper towel and she walked away. She howled a little but kept walking away. Amazingly about 18” of stinky cord came out with no issue

pretty sure we got very lucky

just wait till they start meowing that it’s not a phase it’s who they are
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 💀💀

I'm trying to teach Ruthie to be a lady, but pretty sure flannel tops and building her own cat house are in her future. Garbo is the total opposite, loves ribbons and showing off that her fur is the softest.

yeah, I was afraid it was going to be a stinky ribbon or a vet trip. I panicked when I pulled it out and it kept going, but I feel like you did. Very lucky.

Reactions: ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field

Cat Herpes: FVR and FHV-1 Symptoms and Treatments​

In this Article​

What Is Cat Herpes?​

Cat herpes is a contagious virus that causes cat flu and other respiratory infections in both wild and domestic cats.

What Are the Symptoms of Cat Herpes?​

There are many different symptoms of feline (cat) herpes. Most symptoms last two to three weeks, although the virus may lay dormant inside the cat’s body for years.

In many cats this causes no problems. But sometimes feline herpes returns occasionally throughout the cat's life, especially in times of illness or stress.

Some of the signs of feline herpes include:

Upper Respiratory Infection

Upper respiratory infections may include symptoms like:

• Eye discharge
  • Pink eye
  • Sneezing
  • Nasal discharge
  • Drooling
  • Pain or irritation in the throat
  • Exhaustion
  • Loss of appetite
  • Fever
  • Coughing

Keratitis

Keratitis is uncommon, but long-term feline herpes may cause infection and inflammation in the front of the eyes of a cat.

FHV-Associated Dermatitis

FHV-associated dermatitis is a rare infection of the feline herpes virus that affects the skin. This infection can cause inflammation and ulcers around the cat’s nose and mouth and sometimes in other areas like the front of the legs.

How Do Cats Get Herpes?​

Cats can get herpes in several different ways. Some of the most common ways the virus is transmitted include:

● Direct contact- when cats make contact with saliva, eye, or nasal discharge

● Breathing in sneeze droplets from an infected cat

● Sharing food bowls or litter boxes

● Living in an environment that has been contaminated (bedding, grooming tools, etc.)

● Transmission from mother to kittens during their first few weeks of life

The cat herpes virus is very contagious and is often transmitted in environments where many cats live together (such as shelters or multi-cat households).

Which Cats Are Prone to the Herpes Virus?​

All cats, regardless of age, size, or breed, are at risk of getting the herpes virus. However, certain risk factors increase the likelihood that your cat will get cat herpes:

● Living in a crowded environment with many other cats

● Stressful living conditions

● A weakened or compromised immune system

Can Human Beings or Dogs Catch Herpes from Cats?​

No, people and dogs cannot catch herpes from cats. But cats can catch herpes from other cats.

kitty

OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
I will be deleting this for legal reasons, but just received my new drivers license and after needing glasses to drive my ENTIRE life, my new license doesn’t require I wear them. My vision poor magically healed . Praise Jesus 🙌🏼

1622744001391.gif
Side note: Avoid driving near me.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor