CREW @kitty (official thread)

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

Looks like I picked the wrong week....
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
so the cat’s test results came back a few days ago. Kittah did not have a uti. All other indicators looks right for her age (11.5)

her respiratory infection is cleared up which is good

I told the doc she was having nightmares regularly and was actually peeing a little out of fear. So more and more often when I hear her startle I have to wash her backside and clean up a spot. Usually she sleeps on a window ledge so at least that’s easy clean up.

but even with anti anxiety medicine it seems like the frequency is increasing. Poor kittah looks pretty sad and wore out because she does not want to sleep.

when I pick her up she lets out these sad trills. I’ve looked online about cat nightmares and they’re not unusual but the recurring nature appears to be as does the level of fright she’s experiencing. Makes me wonder if her prolonged bad fever last winter messed up her noodle

going to give the anti anxiety meds another few days and see then maybe take her back to the doc. Although I’m not sure what else can be done really. Can’t exactly counsel a cat beyond talking nice to it

• Sad
Reactions: kitty

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
To give an example of the severity...... she will jump several feet up, swinging all the claws and periodically screeching. She’s sound asleep, makes no effort to land on her feet which is an indicator she’s still unconscious. Had to take down her elevated places to sleep because she was plowing into the floor with no effort to land safely

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
To give an example of the severity...... she will jump several feet up, swinging all the claws and periodically screeching. She’s sound asleep, makes no effort to land on her feet which is an indicator she’s still unconscious. Had to take down her elevated places to sleep because she was plowing into the floor with no effort to land safely
I might of missed it, but when/what caused the anxiety?
Glad no UTI but poor kittah 😔

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
I might of missed it, but when/what caused the anxiety?
Glad no UTI but poor kittah 😔
She’s always been anxious but there really hasn’t been an event that changed her environment in 5 or more years. Flooring changed in two rooms of the house but that didn’t seem to phase her.

her behavior after she was really ill last year never returned quite back to normal so I’m wondering about lingering effects of a really high fever for a long time

• Sad

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
She’s always been anxious but there really hasn’t been an event that changed her environment in 5 or more years. Flooring changed in two rooms of the house but that didn’t seem to phase her.

her behavior after she was really ill last year never returned quite back to normal so I’m wondering about lingering effects of a really high fever for a long time
I’m so sorry! I can’t imagine how helpless you feel. I wish I had advice but I don’t. I guess just give her lots of cuddles.

ohhhh maybe call that guitar carrying cat doctor on animal planet.

• Love
Reactions: ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
I’m so sorry! I can’t imagine how helpless you feel. I wish I had advice but I don’t. I guess just give her lots of cuddles.

ohhhh maybe call that guitar carrying cat doctor on animal planet.
There’s actually a video of him helping a cat that’s having dreams. But that cat is hunting, mine is fighting for her life in her dreams. Did try some of the suggestions but not working so far.

• Sad

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
No incidents last night.

she’s been insisting on being outside most of the day but came in a bit ago. Went right to my my desk and passed out on the router. A few twitches in her sleep but nothing alarming yet

1623280491211.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: CookieMonster

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
so 2/3 of the time she goes to sleep she has active dreams. this is from a few mins ago. in the end she tried to eat my hdmi cable, never actually woke up from the dream.

the squeak is from her pushing my router with her spine. these are relatively chill and luckily she hasn't pissed on my desk yet :/

CookieMonster

Jun 18, 2003
Louisiana
@McCroskey I hope ya'll figure out a way to help her. :( :hug:

I'm been having problems with my kitters. She ate something that messed her up.
Where she stopped eating completely and throwing up every night.
I took her to the vet after the second day of throwing up and not eating.
They gave her medicine which took some time to kick in. But she has started to eat again.
Not near the normal amount but still some is better then none.
Shes a short hair tortishell, so you can tell she lost weight. :wtc:
Only 1 1/2 years old.

• Sad
Reactions: ERock and kitty

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
@McCroskey I hope ya'll figure out a way to help her. :( :hug:

I'm been having problems with my kitters. She ate something that messed her up.
Where she stopped eating completely and throwing up every night.
I took her to the vet after the second day of throwing up and not eating.
They gave her medicine which took some time to kick in. But she has started to eat again.
Not near the normal amount but still some is better then none.
Shes a short hair tortishell, so you can tell she lost weight. :wtc:
Only 1 1/2 years old.

awww kittah awww. hopefully she rebounds well.

Reactions: CookieMonster

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74