FIT Knee Injury Crew: Keeping Injury Free -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 9, 2005
So in the past I have hurt my knee (dislocation 2x) last one was in Dec of last year. MRI and xrays are all okay, never had surgery bc i didnt need it but I can tell that the knee isnt 100%. What do yall do to make sure that you stay injury free?

Right now I stretch frequently, do some physical therapy exercise to make sure the muscles stay strong, ice and wear a brace when playing sports. But with it getting colder I really want to go snowboarding. I love doing it. But at the same time im afraid I might hurt my knee again :(

I dont know what Im looking for in this thread but any tips or recomendations or stories from people in similar situations would be great.

RyanL

OT Supporter
Nov 30, 2004
St. Paul, MN
squats

for real taking it easy and easing into squats has been the best thing for my knees, they went from feeling weak to solid even after a day of skiing... that same is said to be true of a number of friends of mine, some with more serious knee issues.

watch the form though

evolude

OT Supporter
Feb 10, 2004
I usually warm up the knee with light biking and stretching the hips after the workout also helps.

Necromancer

I fucked up my knee pretty good playing soccer.

Stretching + squats = pain free odd position sex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor