GAME L2 again -> enjoyment -> annoyed -> fuck the industry -> fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

s34s0ns

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Oakland, Ca
...and am having a blast, love this game:bowdown:

Howwwwwever, I just found out about the huge update that hit the Korean servers and it totally changes the game.

I'm finally playing something that feels like 'home' again and they are Cataclysm-ing the fuck out of it.

....I can't catch a break man.

Going from thinking "finally! a game that I'll stick with, It's the perfect fit right now" and one day later "they are changing everything that I liked about it" sucks. The worst part is when it's out of your control, it's not that I'm bored of it or have too little time, there's nothing I can do.

Really annoyed as I'm having a lot more fun than any game I've played in the recent years.

Hell, ---> (early) 04 were such great years for innovation in the industry.

Even the games developed in the last push pre-wow were trying to carve out their own unique existence; Planetside, Ryzom, CoH, Lineage 2, Asheron's Call 2, (even) Runescape.

While none of these were perfect, they were all vastly different, compared to all the same shit released today.

We get maybe 1 indie 'differen't' release a year and it's very hard for those to make it against games with an endless budget.

Where are the fucking big-budget companies that take a chance?
:o

TS
TS
s34s0ns

s34s0ns

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Oakland, Ca
I should just start playing AC again, but I haven't been able to even fully log in due to all the router/port/connection/etc. issues each time I load up the trial... and they haven't fixed this in 7+ years. Not a good sign.

HatSee

Mar 17, 2005
Alberta
Look at free MMO's, there is a lot of variety there although the populations tend to fall off fast if it's a cliche game.

TS
TS
s34s0ns

s34s0ns

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Oakland, Ca
Look at free MMO's, there is a lot of variety there although the populations tend to fall off fast if it's a cliche game.

I've played most, there are a few passable one's out there, but I can't stomach the pay model. It just doesn't work for me.

Unless they have a p2p model as well that unlocks everything, like LOTRO.

...yet if i'm paying to play, I might as well play a game that is of a higher 'quality'.

Biodragon

$$ > me
OT Supporter
Dec 4, 2007
Houston
I know this topic is kinda old... But has anyone found a game similar to L2 that hasn't been around for as long where new people wouldn't be at such a disadvantage to the older players?

TS
TS
s34s0ns

s34s0ns

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Oakland, Ca
I know this topic is kinda old... But has anyone found a game similar to L2 that hasn't been around for as long where new people wouldn't be at such a disadvantage to the older players?

I haven't.

Lineage 2 was/is a pretty unique blend of a lot of different aspects.

Open world with sieges / pvp alignment / drop on death, but not fully a sandbox. As well as being heavily non-quest based.

That combo isn't really out there any more, the closest I would say would be Darkfall on paper, but the feel is a lot different. Also, it doesn't have classes, and I loved the diverse classes in l2 / dual classing etc. was awesome.

Murq

Mar 31, 2011
Charles Towne
L2 freeservers held my attention for a solid year+
We had a pretty solid group wtfpwning the PvP system of any server we went to.

Fun game for real. Pretty sure I would never touch the official server again though. It's just filled with bots and vet players who do nothing iirc.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec