LOVE Lacating question...

Kittah Pantz

Dec 14, 2008
Baltimore
Since about mid December I have been able to lactate. I am only 22y/o, never been pregnant and on Nuvaring birth control. I lactate much only about 1-2 oz. I do get painful pressure so I do milk it out and I've tried to let it dry up, but that hasn't worked. I went to the my Gyno about it, he took samples and did bloodwork, but said everything was normal and never gave me an answer as to whats going on.

Vag should I be concerned about this and see another doctor or should I just let it go and hopefully it will dry up?

CorpseStreet

Jun 10, 2008
I'd say get another opinion on this. Lactating at your age isn't normal and I think you should get some kind of answer to explain what's going on with your body.

TS
TS
Kittah Pantz

Kittah Pantz

Dec 14, 2008
Baltimore
I'd say get another opinion on this. Lactating at your age isn't normal and I think you should get some kind of answer to explain what's going on with your body.
:sad2: I've been putting it off for awhile because I thought it would just go away. It makes me wonder if I have some hormonal issue going on. :hsd:

CorpseStreet

Jun 10, 2008
:sad2: I've been putting it off for awhile because I thought it would just go away. It makes me wonder if I have some hormonal issue going on. :hsd:

That would be my guess. Even if it's nothing serious it would be nice to know the cause so you have a heads up in the event any weird stuff happens later down the line. Gotta take care of yourself, girly :hs:

dumb_end_user

Sad Gus
Oct 5, 2001
Seattle
I know someone who has never been pregnant and has been lactating (leaking) since she was 18 (she is almost 40 now). Every doctor she has seen says it is "normal" in some people :dunno:

TS
TS
Kittah Pantz

Kittah Pantz

Dec 14, 2008
Baltimore
I know someone who has never been pregnant and has been lactating (leaking) since she was 18 (she is almost 40 now). Every doctor she has seen says it is "normal" in some people :dunno:
I've heard that it can be normal if you are motherly towards something like an adopted baby...but no way in hell I'm lactating cause of my cats. :o

notsousual

Jan 9, 2006
WA
I have a friend who has never been pregnant and been lactating for years. Doctors said it wasn't anything to be concerned about. Get a second opinion for sure if it's bothering you though, no harm in doing that.

iwishyouwerebeer

you shut your cunt
Sep 1, 2006
:werd: They also say it can be caused by a lot of nipple stimulation. So if you either squeeze your nipples a lot or get them squeezed/sucked it's your body's natural response.

fray

Aug 19, 2006
Did you start the nuvaring or change any other hormonal meds in the months before you started lactating? Just wondering if something you changed caused it.

JohnQPoster

Nov 12, 2010
After my SO had given birth to our son, he was a bit colic and had medicaid so the doctor wanted to milk him for appointments. She convinced us to stop breast feeding after 3 days, take a break she said; Keep him hydrated.

Well, that of course was the end of any breastfeeding because once she stopped she couldn't get started back up again. The doctor asked her if she was in any pain because I guess they have these pills they could give her to make her dry up faster.

She didn't need them because she had simply stopped producing milk. IDK why they couldn't give you some pill like that, prob. for some reason but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

TS
TS
Kittah Pantz

Kittah Pantz

Dec 14, 2008
Baltimore
Did you start the nuvaring or change any other hormonal meds in the months before you started lactating? Just wondering if something you changed caused it.

Nope been on the Nuvaring since 2008. But I have noticed my periods are somewhat irregular recently.

radfad88

The Batman-O-Lantern
Mar 13, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
A friend of mine has been lactating like that since we were 16. She said her doc didn't think there was anything wrong.

PrickleyPete

May 25, 2011
Even if this is normal for some people I would not want it happening to me. If you don't like it, maybe you can talk to the dr about getting a shot or pills to dry it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan