ok so kind of a long story but i want to include al the details of this just in case. a few months ago my laptop(thinkpad t23) battery started to go, i could only get about 20 minutes before it shut down. it was fine because i didnt move around with it much anyway. i went traveling in europe and took my laptop, and used it with an adapter to fit the euro sockets. it was not a voltage converter but as i understand it, it doesnt need one because the thinkpad power pack uses a range between 100-240. (im hoping i wasnt wrong and i didnt fuck something this way) that was fine all the way up until i got back home. i was in no rush to use the laptop so it sat on my desk for about 3 weeks before i tried to turn it on. when i finally did try, when i plugged it in it didnt do anything. there shouldve been a light to show that it was plugged in, or that it was charging the battery. i tried unplugging the cord and then unplugged the battery, then replugged the cord and the battery. this time the light that shows the battery is being used came on, but it didnt flash which would indicate that its charging. i thought it would be fine, and tried to turn it on, but nothing happened except that the light went out when i pressed the power button. the only way to get the light back was to unplug the battery and cord, and then replug them both back in. i got the light back and left it to charge for ~8 hours, but when i tried to power it back on it did the same thing. the light just went out. i thought that it might be that the battery drained and could not be charged after being left for so long, so i ordered a replacement, but it still does the same thing. thanks for reading, any ideas?