LASIK people..:going in for a consultation today.

Wolf

devastatingly foppish
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
I just had regular lasik. Blade to cut the flap, lift the flap, lasered cornea, flap set back down.

Doc said I didn't need the wavefront because my eyes weren't that fucked up. And the "intralase" process where they use a laser to cut the flap was quite a bit more expensive.

Paid $3k for both eyes from LasikPlus back in 2004 with free lifetime enhancements.

Hyperite

Vagina Junction
OT Supporter
Apr 29, 2002
Seattle, WA
wavefront laser-only if you've got thick, solid, tight corneas.

prk for you if you've got thin corneas and/or love pain.

Crazyagent

E.M.T.
OT Supporter
May 12, 2005
Washington, DC
Had prk two years ago at age 23. I love it. The recovery took a little while, but in the end it's worth it.

I do get a foreign body sensation occasionally and my night vision isn't as good.

I would do it again in a heartbeat.

TS
TS
michael

michael

I am the bat, man.
Dec 21, 2001
In a cave.
the guy i'm considering does wavefront with a femtolaser and all that super state of the art shit...........HRMPH

alex

RIP OT Yard Sale
OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2005
Orange County, NY
got prk, procedure itself was extremely unpleasant, but not painful. next week or so ranged from unpleasant to unbearable.

now i have 20/20 vision and would do it again in a heartbeat.

TANGO SUKKA

Nov 10, 2009
custom wavefront lasik in 2005. vision was 20/15 after the procedure.. 11 years later its probably like 20/30

Defiant

Jul 19, 2001
South Korea
I did lasik and regret it.

A little over a year now and my night vision is still dog shit. Light starbursts died down a bit but are still very annoying while driving and make it difficult at times to see the road.

Watching movies in a dark room and colors will fuzz during high contrasting scenes. etc. The only good this is I thankfully didn't get chronic dry eye like some people.

I can already tell my vision is slipping a little bit and even though there's touch ups offered I've got zero desire to go re-enhance the starburst and start the process all over again. My prescription was stable for ~6 years leading into the surgery but I'll probably go back to glasses when it gets to that point.

Hyperite

Vagina Junction
OT Supporter
Apr 29, 2002
Seattle, WA
Yeah, I'm probably going to get mine touched up soon; my left eye has drifted down about -0.5 with a tad of astigmatism. It's only been 2 years since my lasik, but lifetime touchups :bowdown:

alex

RIP OT Yard Sale
OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2005
Orange County, NY
why prk and not lasik?

had thin corneas. lasik cuts the cornea. fast healing, but leaves a tiny scar. if your corneas are thin, there may not be enough cornea to properly heal.

prk grinds the cornea. slow healing, but no scar.

EplzcOKl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kassile