Owner bought this car last fall, plan was for me to detail it after he got it running. It was missing both air intakes, no aftermarket source, Lamborghini doesn't stock them and no used ones were available so they had to be fabricated. Wasn't a quick process. The owner told me the paint was in good shape (I've done several cars for him so he knows what to look for) and he was right. These are the BEFORE shots: Other than the deck lid under the rear spoiler being swirled up, the car was otherwise swirl free. Even so, the paint was a touch hazy and needed a lot of claying, mostly on the horizontal surfaces. I went with Meguiars #105 and a 5.5" orange Erasure cutting pad via my G110 on the swirled area under the spoiler, which seemed to do a really nice job. I then went over the whole car with Meguiars #205 using another 5.5" orange Erasure pad. By the time I finished, the pad was nearly black with crud that was polished off the paint (car had been sitting quite a while). I then switched to a white Lake Country polishing pad, again with #205. The final polishing step was with Clearkote's Pink Moose using a blue Propel finishing pad. Since temperatures never got out of the 30s, I went with Cleakrote's Carnauba Moose since it is utterly goof proof in the cold. Goes on easy, wipes right off. The engine was pretty clean but the valve covers need refinishing. Just did a wipe down with Optimum No Rinse. The interior wasn't too bad, mostly dusty. Some tar spots on the floor mats. Cleaned the mats with BioKleen Traffic Lane Cleaner, the leather with Woolite HE/water cut 20:1. Leather was dressed with Leather Master's Leather Vital-total of 3 applications on the seats. Of course, no Countach thread would be complete without some doors up shots: =================== My customer just picked up this '98 Supra turbo 6 speed with only 13,000 miles on it. Completely stock too, pretty rare for a Supra! The paint had a lot of light to moderate swirls and scratches. While it may have be a very low mileage car, it appears the previous owner didn't spend much time caring for the paint-but the interior was in excellent shape. Washed the car with Optimum No Rinse and used Opti-Clay to remove contaminants from the horizontal surfaces. A few befores of the sides, which weren't (for the most part) as swirled as the hood, although the driver's side door and that rear fender were pretty bad. Had a hard time picking up the swirls too, looked worse in person. Single stage black and VERY soft. Makes a jet black 335i seem like rock hard Audi paint in comparison! Meguiars #83 using a 5.5" orange Erasure cutting pad with my G110 removed the swirls quickly, but hazed the paint something awful. Switching to a yellow Meguiars polishing pad was also removing swirls quickly but the hazing was nearly as bad. Switched to #80 and a yellow Meguiars polishing pad and that took a few more passes to get the swirls out by left the paint in much better shape. This is the hazing left behind by #83/Meguiars yellow polishing pad. Half and half on the hood, this was using #80 with a yellow polishing pad: Both sides with #80/yellow: Took about 3 hours to cut the paint, mostly using #80 and a Meguiars yellow polishing pad-although I had to use #205 with a yellow polishing pad to remove the #83 with orange/yellow pads. The reason I didn't use #205 to cut the car is because #80 is much more effective at removing dead single stage paint. Noticeable difference in how much black was pulled off between #80 and #205. However, once #80 did it's magic, #205 did a good job cleaning up the mess from #83. I then switched to Clearkote's Pink Moose and a white LC polishing pad and then sealed the paint with Carnauba Moose. A few after shots under the lights: I know, not a lot of before and afters even by my standards, but it was frickin' COLD all damn day. Upper 30s to right around 40, high humidity too, started misting and drizzling around 3 PM, so all the afters are in the owner's garage. Glass was cleaned with ONR at QD strength, tires and fenderwells dressed with Armor All. The carpet was cleaned with BioKleen Traffic Lane Cleaner, the leather and vinyl with Woolite HE/water, cut 20:1. Vinyl dressed with Optimum Protectant Plus, leather with Leather Master's Leather Vital. Overall, the paint was pretty tough due to how soft it is. However, now that the swirls have been removed, in the future, #205 and Pink Moose should be enough to amp up the gloss.