GUN Legal to drive with a handgun on your dash in NC?

TL1000RSquid

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Jun 9, 2004
NY
Cops: Driver had gun on dashboard
7:51 AM EST, December 3, 2008
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny-ligun1204,0,1217348.story

A North Carolina man on his first trip to New York was arrested after police pulled him over and found a gun on his dashboard, authorities said.

State troopers stopped William J. Kendrick late Monday for towing a trailer behind his pick-up truck on the Southern State Parkway in Nassau County, police said. Kendrick, of Asheboro, N.C., had a loaded .9-millimeter handgun on the dashboard of his 1998 Dodge pick-up, police said.

He told officers it was his first time in New York and he didn't know it was illegal to carry the gun, state police said.

The troopers arrested Kendrick, whose age was not released, and charged him with second-degree criminal possession of a weapon, a Class C felony under New York law.

The incident happened at about 11:15 p.m. Monday.

Arraignment details were not immediately available, and police did not say where on the Southern State in Nassau Kendrick was stopped
========
If your driving through other states you really need to look into the carrying laws there.

MaximaDrvr

Sep 29, 2006
Raleigh, NC
In NC Open Carry is perfectly legal. If you do not have your CCW/CHP/CWP then you can place a gun in plain sight to transport it. This is the dash, passenger seat, or on the center console; however is appropriate.

I travel with a holster buckled into my passenger seat to hold my Glock.

Admitted

I shouldn't be on OT right now.
Dec 11, 2006
Lawl School
In NC Open Carry is perfectly legal. If you do not have your CCW/CHP/CWP then you can place a gun in plain sight to transport it. This is the dash, passenger seat, or on the center console; however is appropriate.

pics?

xpinchx

hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil
Dec 18, 2003
East Lansing, MI

In MI if you don't have a CPL the pistol must be unloaded, cased, and have ammo seperate and cased as well. The only good thing about MI law is that a "case" isn't really defined and according to my lawyer you can wrap it in a sweater and have it be legal.

I've also been told that a loaded magazine = a firearm if it's in your car, which I don't get. :weak:

DaninTexas

Aug 20, 2004
Dallas, Tx
Why since I am driving to NM this Christmas I have the NM state laws printed in my glove compartment right next to my 9mm. Thank God my Truck is my home in Texas and NM.

TS
TS
TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Jun 9, 2004
NY
:o

CA doesn't have any of that shit.

Parkways are meant for commuters here, plus they were all built back in the 30's and most have the original bridges which are quite low, truckers still get on them and take the tops off their trailers once or twice a week though.

notaniceperson

-I'm an ASSHOLE!
Nov 10, 2007
Ignorance is no excuse for breaking a law.

It is too easy to go to a site like opencarry.org and check the map to see which states have what laws.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan