Lettuce discuss subwoofers for music not home theater...

GBlansten

OT's Kidney Doc
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
Thick Ascending Limb
Thinking about adding an SVS SB-3000 sub to my 2 channel system for music only. Using Klipsch Cornwall IVs that go down to 34hz. Not really impressed with REL or other subs. Any recs?

Reactions: Cicada

MWHC22

Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor
May 10, 2001
Wisconsin/Utah
i mean if your going to spend the money why no go full send? :dunno:
if you can tell the difference and its worth it to you go for it... most people can't tell the difference between a $300 home theater set up and a $1500 home theater set up let alone music played with a sub from said home theater vs one designed for music....the list gets even smaller of people who can tell the difference between a $1500 home theater set up and a $10k set up

Reactions: MrBlonde
TS
TS
GBlansten

GBlansten

OT's Kidney Doc
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
Thick Ascending Limb
i mean if your going to spend the money why no go full send? :dunno:
if you can tell the difference and its worth it to you go for it... most people can't tell the difference between a $300 home theater set up and a $1500 home theater set up let alone music played with a sub from said home theater vs one designed for music....the list gets even smaller of people who can tell the difference between a $1500 home theater set up and a $10k set up
I’m not interested in home theater.

NOR*CAL

Oct 5, 2006
Hella
Have you looked at JL Audio?

I have a JL Fathom, and about 100hz it'll start to rattle your brain. Obviously I don't listen to it like this constantly, but it's fun to demo for friends.

lmigqIKl.jpg

May 8, 2001
Colorado
I’ve yet to meet a sealed subwoofer that made me feel like it was better than it’s ported equivalent.

but I’m likely wrong
It depends on ones taste, and the music they're listening to. Sealed boxes get a more responsive, punchier bass. Whereas ported will offer more bass with less response. I'm certain you know this.
Either way, the difference is very noticeable.

For home theater, I'd imagine most go with a ported enclosure.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan