ART Lightroom with two computers... what's the best way to sync?

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
So I know some of you must be doing this, shooting on location, throwing the pics into LR on the laptop (or shooting tethered) then coming home and doing some serious editing on the desktop. My question is, what's the best way to sync it all together?

Any tips/tricks you folks have picked up?

djlogik

Apr 22, 2004
Tinley Park, IL
I import into a folder on laptop. After I do my edits etc, I export that folder as a catalog and then import it into the other computer. It merges into my current catalog with edits, ratings, previews, etc. Only clean method I know of and what Adobe suggests.

TS
TS
MSIGuy

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
That's what I was planning on doing... How does that work as far as transferring the original raws etc?

djlogik

Apr 22, 2004
Tinley Park, IL
Works perfect. All raw files with your edits and history come right over. It's like you were still using the copy on the original machine. You won't notice any difference.

TS
TS
MSIGuy

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
I'm going to be avoiding it as much as possible, but at least I know how to do it now. Fuck running LR on a Celeron D laptop... lol

AbortionSurvivor

Jun 5, 2002
Nor. Cal
the-more-you-know.jpg

Divided Sky

Sep 24, 2002
USA
you can use a program like allway sync to sync those files for you. i have a back up drive for this.

you open the program up, choose which folders you want backed up, and itll make a copy to your other computer/ext hd. easy as cake. itll also remember which folders you want synced so everytime you open the program you only need to press the sync button without choosing folders

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor