LOVE Logic Vs Emotions

Ticka-T

Aug 10, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Hi, i've never posted in here before, and the only reason i am is cos there some shit i wanna get off my chest and i know if i did it in the main forum i'd be told to come here. So i did.

Anyway, there's a chick at my work (I started working there in may) and I have been getting closer and closer to her over time. Trouble is, she has a BF :wtc: yeah i know i've been friendzoned hardcore. My logic says just get over it, it aint gonna happen :wtc: but my emotions are all like :x: if i just hold out etcetera etcetera yeah i know its shit. I'm trying to listen to my logic cos i know its right but my emotions are little spoiled children who just won't listen

anyway that's pretty much it, thanks to anyone who bothers reading this

Viper

Livin' la vida scrotum
Sep 22, 2004
In a van down by the river
So stick it out longer.

You'll eventually get so disgusted with the situation that the pain of walking away will be easier than the anguish of trying to stick it out.

Falconer

Jun 23, 2006
btw, logic > emotions is the correct course of action 99.9% of the time.

Ideotique

Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco
Jul 11, 2004
Awestralia
I promise I won't tell Aussie crew.

I think most of us have been there before. Just walk away. It's not worth the heartbreak.

Man Bear Pig

Banned
Nov 24, 2006
imagination land
I know and agree

it's just shit, that's all. Maybe i will never find the awesome chick of my dreams, just end up with some average bitch
You've put her on a pedestal because you cannot have her. You could always tell her, and who knows what could happen. But, the best course of action: don't pine away like an emo bitch and explore the world.

Bob Brown

bewshit, bewshit, bewshit
Nov 18, 2007
read abomb's story in another thread about that girl who turned out to be a slut with flaky skin and huge bush.

cliffs: FORGET ABOUT HER!

vodkacollins

Apr 2, 2008
CdM, CA
she has a bf. dont waste your time

nothing wrong with staying friends with her. she may eventually break up with her bf and then maybe you would have a chance. but for now, dont waste your time or energy

logic wins

NuShooz

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Southern CA
well i was friends with this girl for about a year. Helped her with her relationship problems and what not...basically just as a friend. She ended up breaking up with him and a few months later we got together. Later on I found out she was pretty psycho and I should have just left it as friends. We're broken up now.

Dunno if this helps or not

ASoT

Jun 6, 2007
it's just shit, that's all. Maybe i will never find the awesome chick of my dreams, just end up with some average bitch
As trite as it sounds, there's a lot of fish in the sea. Don't be so quick to place her on the pedestal as the only worthy woman for you.

iwishyouwerebeer

you shut your cunt
Sep 1, 2006
well i was friends with this girl for about a year. Helped her with her relationship problems and what not...basically just as a friend. She ended up breaking up with him and a few months later we got together. Later on I found out she was pretty psycho and I should have just left it as friends. We're broken up now.

Dunno if this helps or not
It should. Everyone looks fantastic when you aren't really with them and are pining for what you think they are.

Priddo

Jul 24, 2007
Logic is always what you need to follow, even though you'll almost never want to.

JohnJohnJohnson

Effetely Sipping My Latte
OT Supporter
Sep 8, 2004
Manhattan
If you let your emotions control your actions you'll prolly look back one day (soon) and think ":ugh::ugh: wtf was i thinking"
it's a bogus dichotomy. it's not emotions vs. logic. they're the same thing.

all that "logic" means is "emotions protected by foresight."

every example where someone says they used logic rather than emotions actually just means they used logic in order to better protect emotions.

e.g., "she was really hot but i didn't have a condom. i followed my logic instead of emotions and didn't fuck her."

but really, all that means is he followed his emotions........ with foresight.

he knew that, NET, in SUM, his emotions would be put at greater risk by fucking without a condom (because of the potential for babies/AIDS) than if he abstained from sex.

emotional impact of having a baby and/or getting an STD, long-term > emotional impact of an orgasm, short-term.

in contrast:

last night, i was lying in bed with my lover. emotionally, i wanted to go down on her. logically, i wanted to go down on here. i went down on her. did i do the logical thing or the emotional thing?????? omgz :noes:

kind of a dumb thread ya know? so vague. sometimes logic and impulse are the same, sometimes they're different, and ALL times it's about emotion (whether immediate or long-term).

BATMANs

Oct 23, 2003
Silicon Valley
after an ex cheated on me with 2 married guy, her ex and a new BF in the same week and told me that her reason for doing it was because, "she is a woman and are entitled to do what they feel" I started to have a very low tolerance for gals that let their emotions govern them instead of the other way around. Thanks to their hormones and how their brains are wired it's most women.

If God didn't curse my never ending thrist for vaginas, I would be chilling with the guys.........

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan