FOOD LOL (Leg of Lamb)

Samcanadian

Said Amazon
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
Had a birthday party over at my Mom and Dad's the other day, so I prepared a bunch of my favourite middle eastern dishes.

First off, the leg o lamb. Raised locally here in Manitoba, and is still the best lamb I've ever had.

fH2rrv9l.jpg

Long smoked and then foiled until pullable. Didn't really want to slice it with the meal we were having.

EMlWXlCl.jpg

4Qz1pgDl.jpg

Turned out real well. It's not the same as a lamb shoulder, but it came out just as nice. There's nothing like smoked lamb, imo.

Made a mess of laffa too.

UtkLfYzl.jpg

kONJVjwl.jpg

Zqf52TRl.jpg

And the rest.

fresh toum

SnG9xHFl.jpg

fresh schug

xsI2Twyl.jpg

homemade labneh

isirb30l.jpg

Fennel salad

L6ixeHHl.jpg

Sumac onions

MTqNjcIl.jpg

Rice. (stuck to the bottom of the pan a little and effed up on the flip. not as pretty as I had hoped)

qocwkRWl.jpg

All done!

8UoSbiUl.jpg

deaddweeb

Gundy, Gunder, Gunthy, Goonter, Günder... GUNTER!
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
Never was a huge fan of lamb. Definitely will give it a try some day on the smoker so I can kick myself for missing out for so long.

TS
TS
Samcanadian

Samcanadian

Said Amazon
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
Never was a huge fan of lamb. Definitely will give it a try some day on the smoker so I can kick myself for missing out for so long.
I wasn't really either, until I had some of this local stuff that they finish on grain rather than grass fed stuff that's more common. It's less gamey for sure.

Reactions: Muddy Waters
TS
TS
Samcanadian

Samcanadian

Said Amazon
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
Recipe for toum ?
I use Serious Eats method. It works well.

You can skip the degerming method. I've done both, but there's definitely a difference (Sharper garlic taste with the germ still in).

Reactions: ERock

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
I use Serious Eats method. It works well.

You can skip the degerming method. I've done both, but there's definitely a difference (Sharper garlic taste with the germ still in).

I just buy it for like 4 bucks :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448