ENT Lol v star trek crew

Tesla Death Ray

Open your mouth, I'm gonna put something nice into
OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2006
Your Best Nightmare
:hmm:

I think she's convinced me.

I had the same experience. And she's right the meat of the episode is pretty bad. It seems like they just used some sort of formula to push the emotion buttons on the viewer to make the story seem very sad. Because the last time I watched it a few years ago I remember getting misty eyed at the end of it.

Reactions: Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool

Judge Judy and Executioner
OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
I had the same experience. And she's right the meat of the episode is pretty bad. It seems like they just used some sort of formula to push the emotion buttons on the viewer to make the story seem very sad. Because the last time I watched it a few years ago I remember getting misty eyed at the end of it.
Yeah, until this morning, it was in my top 10 tng episodes.

Reactions: Simius The Monkey

Scaramanga

I don't know what my usertext says
Dec 10, 2001
USA
95f56ebe-a92c-4465-b297-8b5ed541e2c7-jpeg.224494

hypntyz

OT Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
east TN
:hmm:

I think she's convinced me.

Meh. Its not my favorite ep but she's just nitpicking most of that stuff. The one point I agree with wholeheartedly is that such a primitive culture could never have engineered that probe to travel 1k years, neurally interface with and control an alien who it's not even in direct contact with, and produce the desired results of it's builders.

Joe_Cool

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
Meh. Its not my favorite ep but she's just nitpicking most of that stuff. The one point I agree with wholeheartedly is that such a primitive culture could never have engineered that probe to travel 1k years, neurally interface with and control an alien who it's not even in direct contact with, and produce the desired results of it's builders.
And it would have fundamentally and irreparably changed Picard. He would have been a different man, not just himself with a "whoa that was cool" memory.

Reactions: limsoup

Joe_Cool

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
After he had time to process it for a couple of days it would have been just a notch above a vivid dream.
Not really. He didn't just have a dream. He lived 30+ years, had a wife, a family, friends who he loved, and he lived to the end of his life.

They even mentioned this in the video, remember the effect 20 year prison memory had on O'Brien?

hypntyz

OT Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
east TN
Not really. He didn't just have a dream. He lived 30+ years, had a wife, a family, friends who he loved, and he lived to the end of his life.

They even mentioned this in the video, remember the effect 20 year prison memory had on O'Brien?
OBrien's deal was traumatic with him having been starved, brutalized, imprisoned, and eventually having murdered a man.

Picard's would have been more compartmentalized since it was overwhelmingly mundane and positive. Traumatic events like his assimilation or his torture by the cardies would have impacted him far more.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingdee