ENT Lol v star trek crew

Tesla Death Ray

Open your mouth, I'm gonna put something nice into
OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2006
Your Best Nightmare
I'm watching TNG S4 E20 Qpid, and Q puts them in Robin Hood world, and they just straight up murdered a bunch of people with swords and smashing pots on people's heads. What if Q had actually transported other people in to be their adversaries, and not just synthetic people or holodeck style illusions? They just don't even ponder it even Picard just straight up murders the king.

They do have stories were they talk about death and loss of crew but do they ever deal with killing people in the line of duty? You would think people living in utopic conditions would be even more averse to killing than people today.

pepsi

Cut my life into pieces
Dec 14, 2001
Alberta
I'm watching TNG S4 E20 Qpid, and Q puts them in Robin Hood world, and they just straight up murdered a bunch of people with swords and smashing pots on people's heads. What if Q had actually transported other people in to be their adversaries, and not just synthetic people or holodeck style illusions? They just don't even ponder it even Picard just straight up murders the king.

They do have stories were they talk about death and loss of crew but do they ever deal with killing people in the line of duty? You would think people living in utopic conditions would be even more averse to killing than people today.
I think the fact that they are all veterans and have killed many for years. They probably a little numb to causing the deaths of enemies.

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California

Whimsical music, goofy setting. It's one of many scenarios where the characters act out of character. The entire episode was comic relief and they are written as such.

hypntyz

OT Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
east TN

God that one was so cringe. I cant believe it ever got off the writer's board. Definitely on my "skip" list.

Tesla Death Ray

OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2006
Your Best Nightmare
I think the fact that they are all veterans and have killed many for years. They probably a little numb to causing the deaths of enemies.

humanity has reached the point where people live much longer and have more fulfilling lives. they also generally try to preserve all life whenever possible. they might have to kill regularly but in other episodes they have a very different mindset

Joe_Cool

Judge Judy and Executioner
OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
They tried to negotiate wtih a giant crystal space vacuum that sucked up whole planets lol

Tesla Death Ray

OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2006
Your Best Nightmare
God that one was so cringe. I cant believe it ever got off the writer's board. Definitely on my "skip" list.

yeah it's pretty bad in some ways. mostly it is very rushed and they don't really debate the philosophy of anything. i wouldn't mind so much having the robin hood storyline, but they should have broken it into 2 parts. The first episode focuses more on Picard and his hangups, not talking to the crew about Vash, not wanting to accept Q's gratitude. There is healthy discussion but Picard is still being stubborn, then they get transported to Sherwood forest at the end of episode 1. Episode 2 is entirely in the Robin Hood Q fantasy, and Picard is somehow able to come to terms with his emotional withdrawal. But they could also spend some time figuring out where they are exactly, what is the nature of Q's manifestations. Is it real? Is it like a dream or the holodeck? So much they could have done with it but everything is just very rushed and doesn't feel contemplated and resolved.

TS
TS
cyclaptor

cyclaptor

Sep 8, 2006
Arlington Texas
Strange New Worlds is fucking AWESOME
i-know-im-good-at-my-job-nurse-christine-chapel.gif

Russel's Teapot

Nov 19, 2012
humanity has reached the point where people live much longer and have more fulfilling lives. they also generally try to preserve all life whenever possible. they might have to kill regularly but in other episodes they have a very different mindset

People in StarFleet, the best of humanity. I think it's been pretty well established that civilians suck just like anybody else.

Cyan Connect

It is the unknown that defines our existence.
OT Supporter
Mar 3, 2005
Am I the only one on this thread or even this entire forum that loves Star Trek V The Final Frontier? I thought it was badass and awesome!! :):cool:

• Haha
Reactions: stevezissou

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandy Lyle