Nov 28, 2002
Virginia
Reactions: stevezissou

hypntyz

OT Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
east TN
I don't think he's a techbro
I'm not all that much myself, but it's not all that hard once you get the computer and hook it up to your tv. I have all my ST media online, the original SD versions I ripped from old DVDs plus newer 1080 versions for what's available (ENT, movies, TNG I think). I can even port in and watch anything that's on the server, on my phone in bed or whatever if I am bored.

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
I'm not all that much myself, but it's not all that hard once you get the computer and hook it up to your tv. I have all my ST media online, the original SD versions I ripped from old DVDs plus newer 1080 versions for what's available (ENT, movies, TNG I think). I can even port in and watch anything that's on the server, on my phone in bed or whatever if I am bored.
My wife is in charge of the ripping project.

Even built her PC with a case that supports ODD. Took extra work to find a decent one that wasn't ancient style with had airflow.

It's been 2 years, not done.

Reactions: hypntyz

hypntyz

OT Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
east TN
My wife is in charge of the ripping project.

Even built her PC with a case that supports ODD. Took extra work to find a decent one that wasn't ancient style with had airflow.

It's been 2 years, not done.
LOL, by the time it's running half the stuff in it will be obsolete.

hypntyz

OT Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
east TN
I just put together a cheap htpc using a slim case (3.5" tall) and micro ITX board etc with a mid-grade intel processor that does onboard graphics (no room for a big card) with a bluray disc drive. Put a basic version of windows on and that bitch boots up in 4 seconds flat. I can stream my bootleg pirated NFL stuff during football season, access anything on the NAS, and watch youtube, without having to deal with any of the clunky built in smartTV webOS bullshit that doesn't interface with half of the formats and sites I want to play.

Cyan Connect

It is the unknown that defines our existence.
OT Supporter
Mar 3, 2005
On the Starfest website, it says Starfest 2022 is the final convention. Is that for Denver, Colorado? Or Starfest in general?

And why so?

• Sad
Reactions: cyclaptor

limsoup

OT Supporter
Mar 11, 2007
On the Starfest website, it says Starfest 2022 is the final convention. Is that for Denver, Colorado? Or Starfest in general?

And why so?

It looks like it's because of cost: other conventions are organized around being profitable for organizers.

But Denver's Starfest was mainly a passion project for the organizers, and I guess along the way it became too expensive for them.

Reactions: Cyan Connect

SBrooks1

@ComicConScott
OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia
FYI: First Contact is on Paramount+ in 4K

"Over the weekend, Paramount+ quietly upgraded their streaming version of Star Trek: First Contact to the new 4K scan with Dolby Vision HDR and it is definitely an improvement over the previous DNR-laden Blu-ray presentation. It appears that it’s only going to be on Paramount+ until the end of July, at which time it’s probably shifting to another streaming service due to a previous content licensing deal. "

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
thought I'd seen every Next Generation episode, but then youtube algorithm gave me this :hsughc:

probably shouldn't have watched that right before bed. nope. lights on now. :rofl:

This is one of my favorite guilty pleasure episodes. It's not really a good episode, but it has so many fun moments. Like when Worf sprays venom on Dr. Crusher and turns into a dinosaur

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
This is one of my favorite guilty pleasure episodes. It's not really a good episode, but it has so many fun moments. Like when Worf sprays venom on Dr. Crusher and turns into a dinosaur
:rofl:

I haven't watched the episode - just the short video I posted. Gotta admit - they got me fucking good. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsillpost