TS
legal eagle

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
ugh hope for the best bro

i just FINALLY finished revising an invoice for April - October time. Annoying fucking case my friend asked me to joint venture because insurance is paying defense costs and he doesn't know how to bill carriers. They are the WORST. Took me 10 hours to fix entries so they read the right way when processed by a fuckin computer algorithm

never again

ugh hope for the best bro

i just FINALLY finished revising an invoice for April - October time. Annoying fucking case my friend asked me to joint venture because insurance is paying defense costs and he doesn't know how to bill carriers. They are the WORST. Took me 10 hours to fix entries so they read the right way when processed by a fuckin computer algorithm

never again
my partner just cleared high six figures in a mediation (25% of recovery, claim was $2.x and went on for years collecting statutory interest); we were on P's side so they did all the work and we rode along.

I'm in the wrong field.

TS
TS
legal eagle

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
my partner just cleared high six figures in a mediation (25% of recovery, claim was $2.x and went on for years collecting statutory interest); we were on P's side so they did all the work and we rode along.

I'm in the wrong field.
We take a few "high dollar" contingency cases each year (if we can get them). Right now we have two worth good money. Unfortunately, there is only $2 million in insurance for the one that is worth 8+ figures. But we should get policy limits, so that will be good (40%).

TS
TS
legal eagle

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
So what's your plan? Satellite offices? How many partners?
We aren't growing for the sake of growth--right now, we're just overwhelmed with work and have more than enough for everyone. I'm hoping it slows down now (hiring). We ran out of space here and need to take an adjoining suite, but the building is dragging their feet because they are focusing on some remodeling on other floors.

No immediate plans for satellite offices. Houston has come up a few times, but only if it's a perfect deal. The firm will always be owned by me and my partner (nobody else) unless some magical situation appears. We currently have one non-equity partner and we're open to more of those, but that's it. Depends on their experience and book.

dmac411

OT Supporter
Sep 18, 2003
dallas, tx
We aren't growing for the sake of growth--right now, we're just overwhelmed with work and have more than enough for everyone. I'm hoping it slows down now (hiring). We ran out of space here and need to take an adjoining suite, but the building is dragging their feet because they are focusing on some remodeling on other floors.

No immediate plans for satellite offices. Houston has come up a few times, but only if it's a perfect deal. The firm will always be owned by me and my partner (nobody else) unless some magical situation appears. We currently have one non-equity partner and we're open to more of those, but that's it. Depends on their experience and book.

I’ll give you tree fiddy to open a Houston office

Reactions: legal eagle

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74