CREW LOLYERS. Assemble.

This is one of your references that missed me.

Simon Legree is a cruel slave ownerβ€”a Northerner by birthβ€”whose name has become synonymous with greed. He is arguably the novel's main antagonist. His goal is to demoralize Tom and break him of his religious faith; he eventually orders Tom whipped to death out of frustration for his slave's unbreakable belief in God. The novel reveals that, as a young man, he had abandoned his sickly mother for a life at sea and ignored her letter to see her one last time at her deathbed. He sexually exploits Cassy, who despises him, and later sets his designs on Emmeline.

• Haha
Reactions: legal eagle
TS
TS
legal eagle

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
Is law just that over saturated with talent right now?
It's not that. Large, international law firms (1000+ attorneys) start associate attorneys between $185k - $200k, depending on market, firm size, etc. They usually don't see raises for 2-4 years (it's "tiered") or the raises are very small early on. For example, my brother is a first-year associate attorney at a large international law firm. He practices out of their New York City office. His base salary is $202.5k. His firm has a "lock step" salary system. His annual raise next year will increase his salary by $2.5k to $205k. As a third-year, it will increase by $10k to $215k. The bigger jump is as a fourth-year associate, which sees an increase to $240k. "Smaller" national firms or prominent regional law firms with hundreds of lawyers (usually 350+) vary on market; most start their associates out between $140k and $175k. Salary increases are similar.

From there, pay is all over the place. As big as some of these law firms are, they represent a small percentage of lawyers in private practice (I think it's around 10%); suffice to say, most lawyers starting out do not work at large law firms. To put that in perspective, here is a 2021 survey from a prominent legal staffing agency:

Salaries.png
The 25th percentile for first-year salaries is $61k, with the 95th at $134k.

It's not that. Large, international law firms (1000+ attorneys) start associate attorneys between $185k - $200k, depending on market, firm size, etc. They usually don't see raises for 2-4 years (it's "tiered") or the raises are very small early on. For example, my brother is a first-year associate attorney at a large international law firm. He practices out of their New York City office. His base salary is $202.5k. His firm has a "lock step" salary system. His annual raise next year will increase his salary by $2.5k to $205k. As a third-year, it will increase by $10k to $215k. The bigger jump is as a fourth-year associate, which sees an increase to $240k. "Smaller" national firms or prominent regional law firms with hundreds of lawyers (usually 350+) vary on market; most start their associates out between $140k and $175k. Salary increases are similar.

From there, pay is all over the place. As big as some of these law firms are, they represent a small percentage of lawyers in private practice (I think it's around 10%); suffice to say, most lawyers starting out do not work at large law firms. To put that in perspective, here is a 2021 survey from a prominent legal staffing agency:

View attachment 178748
The 25th percentile for first-year salaries is $61k, with the 95th at $134k.
He's not a dough boy is he?

there was a $12k check in saturdays mail, that's good

i'm only one here at office
I had a $55k day the other day, just three clients hitting at once. We get a daily report from accounting.

But then our insurance guys are doing dozens of cases at once and the company might pay 20 cases in one day :o

woooooooo

you should frame my card
22ag0h.jpg

TS
TS
legal eagle

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
I had a $55k day the other day, just three clients hitting at once. We get a daily report from accounting.

But then our insurance guys are doing dozens of cases at once and the company might pay 20 cases in one day :o
my partner has one longstanding insurance carrier client. he only handles their product and professional liability lines, though, so the rates aren't complete trash. they pay quarterly and send 20 checks at once lol

Reactions: Buzz Killington
my partner has one longstanding insurance carrier client. he only handles their product and professional liability lines, though, so the rates aren't complete trash. they pay quarterly and send 20 checks at once lol
I have a litigation guy on a case; he's senior to me by like 12 years.

I was able to upcharge him like $90 an hour because I don't charge litigation rates to clients :mamoru:

Reactions: legal eagle
TS
TS
legal eagle

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
i still have a bunch outstanding from november bills that i sent out december 2

still happy i have those clients who have been paying within hours of getting invoices lulz

Reactions: Buzz Killington

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor