CREW LOLYERS. Assemble.

I also remember when I first became an equity partner and my first monthly draw was $40k. I WAS A GOD
For my first two years equity we had an EXIM Bank finance team that did a lot of the giant aircraft deals (then EXIM was shut down).

I got some FAT checks :hsd:

I am friends with two married couples who are all senior associates/jr partners at firms on the top pay scale. The money they bring in is fucken silly
So much of it gets spent on dumb shit
I could definitely use a re-do of about 12 years of my life

i couldn't deal with the bureaucracy and hour requirement at a big firm for $500k

it would kill me
That is a huge factor keeping me where I am.

I can sit in my office at home in my underwear and do exactly the same thing without fighting traffic and stupid small talk and paperwork. And literally no one tells me what to do.

TS
TS
legal eagle

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
that and they would "scoff" at half of my book of business

they'd rather have me throw away hundreds of thousands if not millions just so i can work on some other tool's files

TS
TS
legal eagle

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
the lateral movement is poppin right now.
yes but outside of the biggest white shoe firms, the numbers are misleading

i know several prominent AmLaw100 firms that follow the higher scales--either the newest one or the one before--and they often offer laterals LESS than what a corresponding "homegrown" associate makes. i was talking to someone on the hiring committee of one and the corresponding salary for some person was like $230k, but they were offering the lateral $215k

Phantom

Mar 19, 2000
SDCA
yes but outside of the biggest white shoe firms, the numbers are misleading

i know several prominent AmLaw100 firms that follow the higher scales--either the newest one or the one before--and they often offer laterals LESS than what a corresponding "homegrown" associate makes. i was talking to someone on the hiring committee of one and the corresponding salary for some person was like $230k, but they were offering the lateral $215k
Laterals collecting early on that difference with fat sign on bonuses. I’m in house and we lost three people to big law in last few months. It’s tempting but I never want the stress of firm life again. More power to you guys who hustle it out.

Reactions: legal eagle
Activate the

Custom Suits
Vanity license plates
Scales of justice tattoo
Acquisition of trophy wife WITH Range Rover
Private school for the kids
High priced luxury vehicles
He's in Texas, given the cost of living he can go right to the new Eurocopter

Do not pass go, do not pay down any law school student loan debt except the minimum required.
seersucker suits
straw hats
telling the judge "yah honuh, I muss say ya'llz golf game is much improved suh" - priceless

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor