CREW LOLYERS. Assemble.

.chris

Leave her, Johnny, leave her
OT Supporter
Mar 2, 2006
SoFla
I have wicked anxiety, I am about to fire a client. 50/50 odds it will happen tomorrow.
I’m good at assisting others into new careers. Not clients, but same song and dance. Don’t be anxious. You are a 👏strong👏independent👏person👏and don’t need no client like this 👏

Korea

Independent @Narc Meltdown Protection™ Rep
OT Supporter
Feb 10, 2008
NYC
I just talked to some friends in BigLaw and their paralegals all make less than $100k, save for the most senior ones that also work a ton of overtime.
We’re small-mid size (40 attorneys) and have a few paralegals that break $100k after OT. But they’ve been with the firm for like 7+ years IIRC.

kenmei

Squatty Potty
OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA
I just talked to some friends in BigLaw and their paralegals all make less than $100k, save for the most senior ones that also work a ton of overtime.

I’m in patents. We tend to make more typically. Also in house at a tech co so I get stock grants and bonus goal of 10% annual salary. It’s decent.

The other place I was interviewing at was basically the same but 30k more. :sad: need to ask for a damn raise.

But my situation isn’t super typical.

Reactions: legal eagle

TCMS

Sep 9, 2006
Chicago
"Oh Judge, I realize you gave us tomorrow morning for the Emergency OOP hearing, but my client is not available until next week. Is that okay?"

Mother fucker, it's clearly NOT an EOOP.

Reactions: legal eagle
TS
TS
legal eagle

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
Learning to be a hardass

I have a small $3600 invoice outstanding for like 9 months, guy got ill, whatever, but it has been radio silence lately. Today I sent a terse pay me or we'll consider terminating our representation message, and voila, two hours later, a promise to pay :rofl:
i am a fucking kneebreaker on that shit dude

TS
TS
legal eagle

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
I don't understand some folks.

One of our paralegals has had a tough time with personal issues, which culminated with the death of her mother yesterday. However, before she died, there was some attempt by her sister to obtain a guardianship (which failed)--apparently there is some kind of family rift. When this happened, we let her have a few days off (December 15 - 17) to travel and handle it. Even though she had used her PTO, we gave her a few extra days. She was told to return to work the following Monday.

No response.

She essentially ghosted us through Christmas week, only sending a text here and there to let my Office Manager know her mother had moved to hospice, etc. She then voluntarily resigned when my Office Manager called her (after she did not respond to any emails or texts for 10 days) in a crying fit. We confirmed and accepted her resignation via email. No response (days ago).

Then she texts my Office Manager to let her know that her mother died earlier this morning, and said she would "make it up to us" when she got back in town.

w t f

• Wow
Reactions: Korea

Buzz Killington

𝖕𝖊𝖈𝖈𝖆𝖛𝖎
I don't understand some folks.

One of our paralegals has had a tough time with personal issues, which culminated with the death of her mother yesterday. However, before she died, there was some attempt by her sister to obtain a guardianship (which failed)--apparently there is some kind of family rift. When this happened, we let her have a few days off (December 15 - 17) to travel and handle it. Even though she had used her PTO, we gave her a few extra days. She was told to return to work the following Monday.

No response.

She essentially ghosted us through Christmas week, only sending a text here and there to let my Office Manager know her mother had moved to hospice, etc. She then voluntarily resigned when my Office Manager called her (after she did not respond to any emails or texts for 10 days) in a crying fit. We confirmed and accepted her resignation via email. No response (days ago).

Then she texts my Office Manager to let her know that her mother died earlier this morning, and said she would "make it up to us" when she got back in town.

w t f
"I appreciate the gesture but with your resignation, that will not be necessary. We wish you the very best.

PS mail us your office keys immediately"

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74