CREW LOLYERS. Assemble.

thekinggovernor

President Joe Biden Vice President Kamala Harris
Aug 11, 2003
CAROFUCKINGLINAS
I don't understand some folks.

One of our paralegals has had a tough time with personal issues, which culminated with the death of her mother yesterday. However, before she died, there was some attempt by her sister to obtain a guardianship (which failed)--apparently there is some kind of family rift. When this happened, we let her have a few days off (December 15 - 17) to travel and handle it. Even though she had used her PTO, we gave her a few extra days. She was told to return to work the following Monday.

No response.

She essentially ghosted us through Christmas week, only sending a text here and there to let my Office Manager know her mother had moved to hospice, etc. She then voluntarily resigned when my Office Manager called her (after she did not respond to any emails or texts for 10 days) in a crying fit. We confirmed and accepted her resignation via email. No response (days ago).

Then she texts my Office Manager to let her know that her mother died earlier this morning, and said she would "make it up to us" when she got back in town.

w t f
Permalegals ftl

• Haha
Reactions: stevezissou

TCMS

Sep 9, 2006
Chicago

One of our paralegals has had a tough time with personal issues, which culminated with the death of her mother yesterday. However, before she died, there was some attempt by her sister to obtain a guardianship (which failed)--apparently there is some kind of family rift. When this happened, we let her have a few days off (December 15 - 17) to travel and handle it. Even though she had used her PTO, we gave her a few extra days. She was told to return to work the following Monday.

No response.

She essentially ghosted us through Christmas week, only sending a text here and there to let my Office Manager know her mother had moved to hospice, etc. She then voluntarily resigned when my Office Manager called her (after she did not respond to any emails or texts for 10 days) in a crying fit. We confirmed and accepted her resignation via email. No response (days ago).

Then she texts my Office Manager to let her know that her mother died earlier this morning, and said she would "make it up to us" when she got back in town.

w t f
I love professionals. No ma'am, you will not be allowed back in.

TS
TS
legal eagle

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
Oh, the joys of business.

Me and my partner pay ourselves a "minimal" W-2 wage each December since our firm is a PLLC with an S-Corp election. We told our bookkeeper this in detail, so she would pay our total wages on the 1st and 15th of December. She did that.

Today, I find out she fucking did it again. Goddamnit.

• Haha
Reactions: aloe

TCMS

Sep 9, 2006
Chicago

Me and my partner pay ourselves a "minimal" W-2 wage each December since our firm is a PLLC with an S-Corp election. We told our bookkeeper this in detail, so she would pay our total wages on the 1st and 15th of December. She did that.

Let's go shopping.

Reactions: aloe

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US

No response.

w t f
I believe all of this.

Whenever I have shit "go off the rails" with employees it is when their PTO runs out.

Less than 3 days of PTO =
relationship-red-flags-e1489677849226.jpg

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US

You don't use a payroll service? Paypal?

TS
TS
legal eagle

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
Does anyone have a decent bylaws template for a 501(c)(3)? I have something I've used before and I can tailor for a Texas-based entity, but I'd like to see options.

Does anyone have a decent bylaws template for a 501(c)(3)? I have something I've used before and I can tailor for a Texas-based entity, but I'd like to see options.
I recommend sneaking in a clause that they can declare and wage war and print currency.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74