CREW LOLYERS. Assemble.

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Question for the lolyer crew:

I have some tenants that I need to pursue in small claims court. Small claims is now up to $25k in Los Angeles.
The tenants moved out and didn't leave forwarding addresses.

What is the best way to get tenants new addresses? I have their full names and mobile phone numbers.
One of the tenants I have his SS#. One of the tenants also retained a lawyer to write me a threatening/bullshit letter re:security deposit return. Can I just serve the attorney?

TCMS

Sep 9, 2006
Chicago

I have some tenants that I need to pursue in small claims court. Small claims is now up to $25k in Los Angeles.

What is the best way to get tenants new addresses? I have their full names and mobile phone numbers.
One of the tenants I have his SS#. One of the tenants also retained a lawyer to write me a threatening/bullshit letter re:security deposit return. Can I just serve the attorney?
Secret way to find people for Lawyers

I fired a client a few years ago because they owed me a figure uncomfortably close to six figures.

I just saw that they applied for a certain authority themselves. They will probably not get it because they applied in the wrong form and they do not know how to defend against objections. This will cost them hundreds of thousands in revenue when all they need to do is settle with me.
aaaaaand the application was resoundingly rejected this afternoon.

I used this trick once and it worked. No lie:

How can I find out the forwarding address for a person who moved?

Technically, you cannot, except for certain officials, the Post Office will not directly give anyone that information. You can cheat the system by mailing an item to their old address by Certified Mail, or by printing the words β€œreturn service requested” under the return address on a regular letter. Certified is tracked, and if forwarded, you can find out the delivery address, especially if you use a Return Receipt. On Return Service, you only put one stamp on the letter, and if there is a forwarding address, the letter will be returned to you, with the new address printed on the front of the letter. For First Class mail, there is no additional charge. This is supposed to only be used by businesses, but if will work for individual mail pieces, too. If there is no forwarding address established, the mail pieces will be returned to you, marked as such.

Reactions: legal eagle
TS
TS
legal eagle

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX

Technically, you cannot, except for certain officials, the Post Office will not directly give anyone that information. You can cheat the system by mailing an item to their old address by Certified Mail, or by printing the words β€œreturn service requested” under the return address on a regular letter. Certified is tracked, and if forwarded, you can find out the delivery address, especially if you use a Return Receipt. On Return Service, you only put one stamp on the letter, and if there is a forwarding address, the letter will be returned to you, with the new address printed on the front of the letter. For First Class mail, there is no additional charge. This is supposed to only be used by businesses, but if will work for individual mail pieces, too. If there is no forwarding address established, the mail pieces will be returned to you, marked as such.
This.

Also, a resourceful private investigator may be able to find out. We have a few tools ourselves (besides Google, of course) that check public databases.

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles

I actually did this. Had my operations manager go. She told me she got laughed at cause no one at the facility knew what the hell she was talking about. She escalated to a manager and said no one had ever asked about that before and no one actually knew what that check box was. Nor would they know how to facilitate it.

I’m not even kidding.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor