CREW LOLYERS. Assemble.

michael

Florida Man, Esq.
Dec 21, 2001
The ether
I have a hearing in federal court tomorrow and I have absolutely no idea what the outcome is going to be. Procedural error vs disregard for substantive law. I hope the outcome is equitable and just..or something.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
I have a hearing in federal court tomorrow and I have absolutely no idea what the outcome is going to be. Procedural error vs disregard for substantive law. I hope the outcome is equitable and just..or something.
Seeking justice!

Or avoiding it!

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
Jfc my father in law is still battling a multi million dollar case .. how do you guys work on cases for years? I think theyre somehow on round two or three of arbitration now... which isnt that binding and final why has there been three? :rofl:

Jfc my father in law is still battling a multi million dollar case .. how do you guys work on cases for years? I think theyre somehow on round two or three of arbitration now... which isnt that binding and final why has there been three? :rofl:
Gee how could I bill my hourly rate on a case dragging on for years

• Haha
Reactions: aloe and Colleen
TS
TS
legal eagle

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
eh, some are complex. COVID slowed everything down too. on average, litigation usually lasts about 18-24 months through trial, but it's more like 32+ now

• Wow
Reactions: Colleen

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
Sheesh 2019. That's so old.
After he finishes this case hes going to go after the winemaker that started all of this. :yikes: my father in law would sue him (even if he didn't win) just to fuck with him... granted we have enough shit on the guy he wont win.

TS
TS
legal eagle

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
I need to brag on my team a bit.

We have a contentious case for one of our biggest clients (billion-dollar corporation) where they were accused of breaching contracts, stealing trade secrets, etc. One of the plaintiff's damage allegations was "lost profits" in excess of $10 million (specifically pled). This was pissing off the Board and my General Counsel to no end. We filed a summary judgment on the issue and had a hearing set for next week. Instead of responding, the plaintiff amended the lawsuit and dropped that allegation entirely.

CLIENT IS ECSTATIC. MY ASSOCIATE IS AWESOME.

Reactions: Buzz Killington

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.
which one of you is this?

feels like @JohnnyBeagle, imo

v4x0bfo8vvq71.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: aloe

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74