CREW LOLYERS. Assemble.

I started at $55k + commission at my first real lolyering job in Los Angeles so that first check was definitely not tweet worthy
stay safe
I remember my first biglaw paycheck, I walked right downstairs and bought myself some designer sunglasses :rofl: What an ass :rofl:

TS
TS
legal eagle

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
oh man

i just GUTTED the CEO of the opposing party in his second deposition (court-ordered after I moved to compel)

the shit that came out of his mouth was GOLD

TS
TS
legal eagle

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
Did you stroke your chin and say AH HA?
opposing counsel put his head in his hands at one point and did a :picard:

"Sir, one of your claims in this lawsuit is that my client owes you money for unpaid invoices."

"Yes."

"You just told me that it's quite possible that a number of the invoices we just looked at may not have been sent to my client."

"Yeah. You know, sometimes people don't do their jobs. That's why I had to fire [NAME]."

"So how is my client supposed to know what to pay you if they never receive an invoice?"

"That's a good question. I guess they wouldn't know."

wtf

TS
TS
legal eagle

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
and that's just the tip of the iceberg

during a break the court reporter asked me how this company stays in business because they clearly don't know how to send bills and can't even track what they ship

lol

• Haha
Reactions: Buzz Killington
TS
TS
legal eagle

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
he is trying to tack on 18% interest as a "late fee" to $100k+ invoices that he never sent to us

some of them for shit we didn't ORDER, and some of it for shit we never RECEIVED

"There is no written agreement that obligates my client to pay a late fee for invoices, correct?"

"Yes. It's just how we do this in the industry."

"Right...so how did you come up with these interest charges?"

"I went on Google."

this guy runs an eight-figure manufacturing company for fuck's sake

i killed tupac

Mar 19, 2005
this toilet earth
he is trying to tack on 18% interest as a "late fee" to $100k+ invoices that he never sent to us

some of them for shit we didn't ORDER, and some of it for shit we never RECEIVED

"There is no written agreement that obligates my client to pay a late fee for invoices, correct?"

"I went on Google."

I am also a Google Law School grad

Reactions: legal eagle

"I went on Google."

So you're settling

TCMS

Sep 9, 2006
Chicago

"I went on Google."

Love it.

Korea

Independent @Narc Meltdown Protectionβ„’ Rep
OT Supporter
Feb 10, 2008
NYC
i was admitted to the bar in December and bought a Corvette by January :bowdown:
thought i had unlimited money
I leased a $58k 335i after I passed the bar, before I even started my first lolyer job.

Now I’m married and drive a Volvo station wagon.

TS
TS
legal eagle

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
Do I pay for one of those odious Who's Who Legal things? I got "nominated", which I know is a joke, but it's good for SEO I think :o
I made that mistake once--Top Litigator or some shit. Waste of money. The only "awards" I have found that have some legitimacy are Super Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, Best Lawyers, and any local peer-nominated/reviewed publications (for us here, it's D Magazine)

I made that mistake once--Top Litigator or some shit. Waste of money. The only "awards" I have found that have some legitimacy are Super Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, Best Lawyers, and any local peer-nominated/reviewed publications (for us here, it's D Magazine)
Oh I know it's garbage, I am just wondering how it impacts my search rankings.

Waiting for Chambers in the spring :x:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74