GUN Long Range AR Crew!

Market Garden

I just ordered some parts to start my build of my next AR. It will be shooting these!!!

65G_120NoslerBT.jpg

:wiggle:

First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.
Jul 5, 2002
Good reason to start reloading

TS
TS

Market Garden

Good reason to start reloading

For sure. I'm going to pick up a Forster Co-Ax press for this one. My Dillon 550 is great for most things I'd ever want to use it for, but the Forster gives you total control over every aspect of the load.

Emfuser

Ghost of OT Past
OT Supporter
Feb 20, 2002
Irmo, SC
I was eyeballing the various 6mm rounds for awhile but eventually decided to go AR-10 and .308.

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
Re: 6.8 question, remember that the 6.8 was designed for the 300 yard world, while the 6.5 was designed to be in a way the 'ultimate' all around round that would fit into the AR-15 magwell. Load up 144s for nice long range shots, some 90s for varminting, and some 123SMKs for CQB.

I mean, 6.8 is nice and all, and has some big names and fancy advertising, but its designed for REALLY close in work, and only has one grain choice for weight. 6.5 might not be *quite* as good if you're really close in, but its far more adaptable.

TS
TS

Market Garden

very kool
going with an upper from AA or a custom build?

I'm going to take a shot at doing it myself. We'll see how well it shoots. :hs:

i ordered the 24" barrel and bolt from AA this morning. I'm thinking about a JP handguard and maybe a billet upper. So far that's all I've thought up. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

TS
TS

Market Garden

I will. I'm thinking of just going with a plain old A2 buttstock too.

LancerV

Buttslut sighting
OT Supporter
Sep 16, 2003
Cant you have just one lower and say 2 uppers? And just switch them out?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448