GUN Long Range Shooting Simulator... learn how to use mil dots! v.free

xpinchx

hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil
Dec 18, 2003
East Lansing, MI
I got bored last night and started poking around on google to figure out how to use mil-dots and I came across a nice simulator. I found a torrent on TPB so I figured I'd share it here. If you've ever been curious this is a good way to learn the basics... it teaches everything from finding range, how to lead on a moving target, making wind calls, etc. Only takes about 30 minutes or so to get a handle on it and another 30 of practice to get it down.

1. Download here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IBRLC23D
It's a disc image so you'll need to either...

2a. Mount it on a virtual drive like daemon tools: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5
OR
2b. Burn the disc image onto a CD with Nero or Alcohol 120%

3. Run it from My Computer

Pretty easy stuff. Enjoy.

TS
TS
xpinchx

xpinchx

hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil
Dec 18, 2003
East Lansing, MI
Oh yeah it's also worth noting that if you use 20x the sim doesn't change the mil dots so if you take your mil reading using 20x divide it by two. I did this after about an hour of learning (perfect score :bowdown:) Most of my shots were pretty close to the point of aim but on this last shot I forgot how to calculate the wind drift if it's a tailwind coming in from an angle so I just made by best guess by cutting the normal wind drift in half and aiming a little bit lower to account for the tail wind.

longrangeshooting.jpg

(It doesn't show the stage results until you make a hit)

AustinL911

Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator
May 24, 2005
Columbus
Yea, I downloaded this about 9 months ago. Thought I was the shit for finally knowing how to use Mildot, but, now I forget how it works. Gonna have to start playing with it again.

thedude11

Aug 11, 2003
ATX
didnt someone post this a couple months ago, only it was web based?
I posted it a while back, Squid got mad at me.

Later I mentioned I had it and yar and someone else asked for it so I gave it to them...

xpinchx be stealin' my thunder. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec