Look at what the UPS man brought me. =)

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by gandhibrokemyskates, Apr 19, 2004.

1. gandhibrokemyskates

gandhibrokemyskates slangin beer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My Orbital Portal Cable from Autogeek.net :blue:

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

:wackit:

That white pad is nothing to write home about (good for light glazes only) but those Meguiars pads are pretty good. You will really like the Wolfgang sealant and cleaner. Very easy to use and great results.

Keep us posted on how everything works for you.

3. gandhibrokemyskates

I got a question. I have a car to do this week. Its been sitting out side since 2001. Never ran. Should I wet sand it or will the cutting pad be good enough?

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If the car hasn't been driven, the paint may be weathered a bit but it wouldn't have been subjected to rock chips, scratches, etc. Cutting pad and DACP may be all you need.

5. gandhibrokemyskates

so yea, I started using my PC and 5 minues later, i take the PC off the surface and the pad goes flyin across the hood. i'm like dubya tee eef?!? the bolt from the backing plate was still in the PC but not attached to the backing plate. Autogeek.net is gonna send me another one. for friee.

The parts i did get done on the hood turned out decent. It seemed like I may need something more abrassive or wet sand it. The car had been sitting out for about 2-3 years straight.

6. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Try your red pad with DACP. Really work it in good untill your praticly buffing on dry paint.
    THen switch to the yellow pad and some SR2.0, or fine cut cleaner, and work that. You could even continue to use the DACP with the yellow pad (to remove the swirls the red pad put in), then finish it up from there, however you like.

The red pad and the DACP is a nasty combo. THe only thing that might cut more is switching to a wool pad and some meadium or heavy cut cleaner. But then you gott be carful, becuase you could be buzzing though the paint...literally.

Oh and if you get a chance, it would recemend getting the 8 inch pads for your PC. I find they work preaty good for largersurfaces of the car, plus in spots where a panel seam is it glides through it much easier, and you have a lesser chance of the PC backing plate dinging the paint surface as well.
    The 8" fit onto a 6" backing plate.
    I still use my 6" for smaller areas, but the 8" are my main ones.

7. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

how do you guys get in the difficult areas with the pc? meaning the spot between the windshield and front door, around the trim and indentations etc

8. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I use my muscles and do it by hand. :wiggle: