CAR Look what happened to this 330Cic tire

Status
Not open for further replies.

someguy

WWMD?
Feb 7, 2001
Dallas
My Mom's car. Big time tire failure. I am home for the holidays for a little while and I get a call while posting on here that she had a flat. Of course, I was just expecting a standard nail in tire which is a problem when you don't have a spare. Looks like the sidewall caught something going around a turn or simply failed. Maybe because she never keeps them inflated enough, I pumped in about 10 more PSI about 2 weeks ago. Maybe too much pressure on a weakened sidewall :confused:

The rim may be destroyed too. Curiousgeorge might be sad, I know he likes these rims :(

Anyway, ordered a set of 4 RE730s to replace them. Not too expensive, but a good tire :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

LR tire
attachment.php

Tire Shards behind the car
attachment.php

Laser Red

what kind of tire was it?

I had the same thing happen at 80mph, 3am, in the middle of nowhere, new mexico.

potenza RE040:down:

TS
TS
someguy

someguy

WWMD?
Feb 7, 2001
Dallas
Originally posted by Laser Red
what kind of tire was it?

I had the same thing happen at 80mph, 3am, in the middle of nowhere, new mexico.

potenza RE040:down:

Continental Contisport :mad:

:.STATOR.:

She drove on the rim? Big mistake!

I know what you mean Laser. i got rid of my tires as soon as possible. Not that anything happened, but I just didn't get the feeling it was a good tire. Especially since Bridgestone is the same as Firestone. I'll take some Dunlops thank you.

TS
TS
someguy

someguy

WWMD?
Feb 7, 2001
Dallas
Actually, the service dept says the rim is still good, not bent. It is scratched up bad on the outside but will be repaired. :)

curiousgeorgeM3

naughty little monkey
May 10, 2001
cali
Originally posted by someguy

That won't prevent anything :fawk:
Except your mom beng laughed at everywhere she goes:big grin: Just kidding Audi fellas....just had to get my little ribbing in:bigthumb:

As for the rims....:( x100000000000. I really like those, wish they came in 18s. Well, at least your mom wasn't hurt:bigthumb:

TS
TS
someguy

someguy

WWMD?
Feb 7, 2001
Dallas
Originally posted by curiousgeorge330
Except your mom beng laughed at everywhere she goes:big grin: Just kidding Audi fellas....just had to get my little ribbing in:bigthumb:

As for the rims....:( x100000000000. I really like those, wish they came in 18s. Well, at least your mom wasn't hurt:bigthumb:

17 is plenty big :fawk:

MerkurMan

Gimme Nuts, Bolts and 12 Volts
May 27, 2001
Ontario
Damn, glad everyone's okay. Must be pretty disconcerting to have a tire fail like that. From the looks of the LR tire, there might possibly be something rubbing against it? That darker band in the middle of the sidewall looks odd.

And for some reason, I hate Continental tires. I have ContiTourings on my car (PO works for BMW and threw a new set of tires on it before I bought it), and they're garbage IMHO. No wet traction to speak of, squeal very easily in turns, and the sidewalls are very soft and roll under when I corner anywhere near briskly. Oh well, what can I expect... they're touring tires :)

Good luck, and take care!

disc108

Dec 31, 2001
you will like the RE730's. they arent as grippy as the S03's but bridgestone > *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448