CAR Looking at Mustang 5.0's... advice?

mattz87

Sep 5, 2006
I went to a dealership today to look at a 2011 Mustang GT, certified preowned. Has 2,000 miles on it, 6 speed. Not sure which package, but it has the nicer looking wheels with the Brembo brakes. I have a 2004 Honda Accord with 72,000 miles that I'm looking at trading in. The asking price on the mustang was 31,960. Originally they offered me 8,000 for my car and didn't touch the sales price. I told the salesman I wanted 10,000 for my car and 29,500 for the mustang.. he left and came back with 9,000 for my car and I believe 31,000 for the mustang. He told me he didn't think the manager would budge, but I told him I was still stuck on the numbers he gave, so he left and came back and said they would give me 10,000 for my car and 30500 for the mustang. He told me they wouldn't take anymore off the mustang, and even suggested I go to other dealerships to compare (lol). I told him 29,500 still and to give me a call on my cell phone and left. He didn't act like he was going to do much with it.

What do you guys think?

Fabian

Mar 26, 2005
Albuquerque, NM
FUcking waste of time . "I have to check with the manager". So what exactly in the fuck is the salesmans job? Sorry, I just hate dealing with buying new cars. Faggot fuckers

TS
TS

mattz87

Sep 5, 2006
Thanks guys... he didn't call back. I found another one down in Houston, but it's a 5 hour drive for me, and the salesman seemed a bit like a douche over email. You'd think the auto industry was booming the way these guys act.

And yeah... I hate the whole spill salesman give. He actually came back and told me they wouldn't afford to put air in the tires or some shit. lol

m45

May 2, 2005
The harder you push the more they give in.

What a joke of a job.

m45

May 2, 2005
Thanks guys... he didn't call back. I found another one down in Houston, but it's a 5 hour drive for me, and the salesman seemed a bit like a douche over email. You'd think the auto industry was booming the way these guys act.

And yeah... I hate the whole spill salesman give. He actually came back and told me they wouldn't afford to put air in the tires or some shit. lol

I never understand the point of haggling this much over $500 :o

TS
TS

mattz87

Sep 5, 2006
im not hating

I think they're fantastic cars.

But arnt they just over 30k brand new?

Well it's a 2011 with 2k miles on it... yeah it's "used" but we're not talking a 96 GT. They're giving me a 1,000 more for my trade in than what NADA or KBB say it's worth trade in... but yeah, typically they're about 33-37 new depending where you go. :coolugh:

F8Lstang

in savasana
Jul 4, 2000
Las Vegas, NV
sounds like you're better off selling your car yourself, and use the cash to jew the fuck out of em. a used ford should be 10k less than new, or more.

TS
TS

mattz87

Sep 5, 2006
sounds like you're better off selling your car yourself, and use the cash to jew the fuck out of em. a used ford should be 10k less than new, or more.

I agree it should be a little cheaper, but there is nothing close to that (10k less) on Cars or autotrader.

mangid

OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2008
San Diego
You're not getting what you think you're getting for your trade... they'll fuck you over no matter what. Sell your car, then buy mustang.

TS
TS

mattz87

Sep 5, 2006
You're not getting what you think you're getting for your trade... they'll fuck you over no matter what. Sell your car, then buy mustang.

I know it's just a play of numbers. I would sell my car, but I just moved here from out of state and don't have any family or anyone to bum a ride off of in the event I sold my car and then needed to look for a new one.

Omega6_Virus

Oct 20, 2002
If they are stuck on the $31k + change price and offered your asking price of $10k for your Accord and then 20,500 for the Mustang, that doesn't seem like a bad price at all. However, was this "used" Mustang a demo car? That can be good(usually demo cars of the top models are loaded with options) and bad(beaten on) but I don't think anyone has done much beating on it in 2k miles, unless it was the salesmen while demo'ing the car, but then again its warrantied.
Also, is it a "GT" or a "GT Premium?" Like w/the satellite navigation etc.

TS
TS

mattz87

Sep 5, 2006
If they are stuck on the $31k + change price and offered your asking price of $10k for your Accord and then 20,500 for the Mustang, that doesn't seem like a bad price at all. However, was this "used" Mustang a demo car? That can be good(usually demo cars of the top models are loaded with options) and bad(beaten on) but I don't think anyone has done much beating on it in 2k miles, unless it was the salesmen while demo'ing the car, but then again its warrantied.
Also, is it a "GT" or a "GT Premium?" Like w/the satellite navigation etc.
What's up boss man, ended up buying the car. I think realistically I paid 29,500 for the car if you consider them giving me 1,000 more for my trade in than what NADA says its worth. It is a premium model, though, and I don't think it was a demo. Either way it only has a little over 2,000 miles so not a big deal. I love the car. :)

ZACKMORRIS

Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, FL

Offering to pay cash doesn't do shit for you getting a deal. Dealerships make a lot of their money on financing.

396Hawk

Aug 11, 2005
The First State
Offering to pay cash doesn't do shit for you getting a deal. Dealerships make a lot of their money on financing.

I love how dealerships whine when you do have a trade they say "We have to clean it up, replace fluids, market in and it takes up lot space" and when you don't have a trade they say "We need used cars on our lot to attract new customers so it's better if you have a trade".

:ugh2:

TS
TS

mattz87

Sep 5, 2006
I love how dealerships whine when you do have a trade they say "We have to clean it up, replace fluids, market in and it takes up lot space" and when you don't have a trade they say "We need used cars on our lot to attract new customers so it's better if you have a trade".

:ugh2:

Dealers are just shady as fuck... I dunno why salesman have to all act like slimeballs.

396Hawk

Aug 11, 2005
The First State
Dealers are just shady as fuck... I dunno why salesman have to all act like slimeballs.

used-car-salesman1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor