SPORTS looking for a cool bruce quote. goes like: "...not thinking, but not daydreaming...

BCIT

"...ready, but not tense. when my opponent contracts, I expand. When expands, I contract. And when I see the opportunity to hit. I do not hit. It hits by itself."

or something to that effect on youtube :o

it was really cool

Joris

OT Supporter
Jul 31, 2006
Vancouver, BC
It's from Enter the Dragon:

"A good fight should be... like a small play — but played seriously. A good martial artist does not become tense — but ready. Not thinking — yet not dreaming. Ready for whatever may come. When the opponent expands — I contract. When he contracts — I expand. And when there is an opportunity... I do not hit. "It" hits all by itself."

Joris

OT Supporter
Jul 31, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I like this one too, also from Bruce Lee:

“A fight is not won by one punch or kick. Either learn to endure or hire a bodyguard. Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely – lay your life before him.”

TS
TS

BCIT

"A good fight should be... like a small play — but played seriously. A good martial artist does not become tense — but ready. Not thinking — yet not dreaming. Ready for whatever may come. When the opponent expands — I contract. When he contracts — I expand. And when there is an opportunity... I do not hit. "It" hits all by itself."

Joe_Cool

Judge Judy and Executioner
OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003

:slap: Don't think! Feeeeeeel! It is like a finger pointing away to the moon. :slap: Don't concentrate on the finger, or you miss all that heavenly glory.

iCEgECKO

Ballin' at 5'2''
Apr 20, 2001
Toronto
I've got the Tao of Jeet Kune Do at home, almost every line in it is inspiring or relates really well to life.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448