Lost my best friend and a great person, y'all knew him. RIP Monk

TS
TS
GonadWarrior

GonadWarrior

May 11, 2001
Ari and his dad at my wedding reception. He definitely got his kindness/gentleness from his father, guy is fucking stand up

1cD7ZmFl.jpg

Scootin

OT Supporter
Sep 4, 2004
Well my mom just called me after visiting his house

Diabetic seizure while he slept :(
After looking at my time stamps, his family's, and talking to other OTers, he went to bed around 1:30am, and his mom came to his room this morning bc his alarm was going off, opened up and he was gone.
His mom had mentioned how happy he was these last few weeks. Things were great with his job, his siblings were coming into town, he was doing great socially and very happy (probably from all the OP love lolol). He would visit my mom's school and she said that he was terrific, too
But ya, diabetic seizure while he slept..
Fuck. DM1 can take you in so many ways. It's not a fair disease.

This is all just too crazy to me. And I didn't even really know him that well.

kenmei

Squatty Potty
OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA
didn't really know the dude that well, but well enough for this thread to hit me like a ton of bricks

feeling very :hs: at work atm

GND

BBP!
OT Supporter
Jul 10, 2002
Katy, TX
Wait :wtf: nooooooooooooo!!! :wtc:

Gawd damnit! He was so cool/fun to hang with when I was up in Milwaukee visiting.

:wtc:

Last edited:

MerkurMan

Gimme Nuts, Bolts and 12 Volts
May 27, 2001
Ontario
Man, fuck that disease. My father is type 2, had a mini stroke last year that he's never recovered from, and isn't the same person.

Monk seemed so full of life and down for anything.

A while back I pmed him a pretty inane question about something and he took a lot of time out of his day to type up a long response with a bunch of very helpful links and resources for me to use. He didn't have to, but he wanted to share what his knowledge and experience to help someone out at the drop of a hat.

We didn't chat about our personal lives, but I always got a good vibe from him and I can see how he'd be a solid friend to have.

Once again, to those who had the pleasure of calling him a friend, be thankful you knew him and give his family our best.

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
fuck, no kidding
dude stayed on top of it after a scare or two few years ago
Shitty part is my uncle, who is a piece of shit, doesnt watch his diet, his weight or go to his doctors appointments in a timely manner, doesnt monitor his blood sugar like he should has slipped into at least 15 different diabetic comas in the last 5-10 years and somebody wakes him up each time.

He never learns and one day will die from it, did I mention he's a piece of shit?

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
Man, fuck that disease. My father is type 2, had a mini stroke last year that he's never recovered from, and isn't the same person.

Monk seemed so full of life and down for anything.

A while back I pmed him a pretty inane question about something and he took a lot of time out of his day to type up a long response with a bunch of very helpful links and resources for me to use. He didn't have to, but he wanted to share what his knowledge and experience to help someone out at the drop of a hat.

We didn't chat about our personal lives, but I always got a good vibe from him and I can see how he'd be a solid friend to have.

Once again, to those who had the pleasure of calling him a friend, be thankful you knew him and give his family our best.
:werd:

I first started talking to him about recovery and that crept into us both crafting e-liquid. I asked him about a specific recipe and resources to buy materials and he flooded my inbox with links/quotes, it was all edited nicely, etc. Truly a kind individual and I have never met him IRL either :hsd:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec