Lost my best friend and a great person, y'all knew him. RIP Monk

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
Kind of sad. You'll be dead and won't know either way.

When I'm dead I won't give a fuck if my family knows it or not, let alone people I've never met IRL... but I kind of get the wanting people to know while you are still alive part of that equation even though it happens after the fact.

There is no payoff though. It's like leaving a $100 bill in the park for a stranger to find but never finding out the results... the only thing going there is your imagination as to who found it and what the reaction was. I guess that's kind of the reason for wanting people to know you are dead so you can imagine what they'll think.

:dunno:

Or just being a selfless person and not thinking about what is in it for you. :o

jesus christ put the bottle down

Vatoloco

America: The most RACIST nation in world history!
Jul 16, 2001
@Vatoloco_OT
Don't worry... I literally poured some out.

And, as a hardcore alcoholic, that was hard as fuck for me to do. "Wasting" even a little good bourbon to express sympathy is something my Jewish self (even though I'm not a real Jew) doesn't want me to do.

Shit sucks and I'm still not sure I believe it but after this many pages and no BS being called out, it must be true.

Crazy shit that people die young for no good fault of their own. Makes you think.

Genius/GZA

Dec 23, 2003
Dallas, TX
And, as a hardcore alcoholic, that was hard as fuck for me to do. "Wasting" even a little good bourbon to express sympathy is something my Jewish self (even though I'm not a real Jew) doesn't want me to do.

Shit sucks and I'm still not sure I believe it but after this many pages and no BS being called out, it must be true.

Crazy shit that people die young for no good fault of their own. Makes you think.

:ugh:seek help man

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007

this is is the first time you've thought about that? :ugh:

A Cow

OT Supporter
Jul 7, 2005
Vancouver BC
Its super sad that all the good posters of OT are passing away and there are still so many shitheads that no one would miss if they died..

fuck, the snapchats are choking me up also.

Vatoloco

Jul 16, 2001
@Vatoloco_OT
:ugh:seek help man

I don't want to dismiss the reality of this for most of you but I'm just expressing my view on the online world. I get how terrible this is and how much we should focus on this [digital] person (who was actually real) and it's weird to me because OT is usually a place of fun and not funerals. It has to be a terrible comparison but it feels a little bit like if your brother died and you went to Disneyland for the funeral.

That's fucked up... and I know that OT isn't Disneyland but when shit like this happpens it fucks with you even if you didn't know the person IRL.

So, I'll just say it again: I'll miss his post/snaps and wish he was still here and I'm not sure I understand the grief of those who knew him IRL but my condolences are as sincere as they can be... I've had great grand parents and the occasional cousin or in law I didn't know well die and I cared because other people cared and get that.

This is tragedy and really deserves for me to shut the fuck up since I don't know anything about tragedy. Sorry.

Ameter

Mar 31, 2005
Calgary, AB
I don't want to dismiss the reality of this for most of you but I'm just expressing my view on the online world. I get how terrible this is and how much we should focus on this [digital] person (who was actually real) and it's weird to me because OT is usually a place of fun and not funerals. It has to be a terrible comparison but it feels a little bit like if your brother died and you went to Disneyland for the funeral.

That's fucked up... and I know that OT isn't Disneyland but when shit like this happpens it fucks with you even if you didn't know the person IRL.

So, I'll just say it again: I'll miss his post/snaps and wish he was still here and I'm not sure I understand the grief of those who knew him IRL but my condolences are as sincere as they can be... I've had great grand parents and the occasional cousin or in law I didn't know well die and I cared because other people cared and get that.

This is tragedy and really deserves for me to shut the fuck up since I don't know anything about tragedy. Sorry.
Most people view OT as an online community, not an entertainment resort. They will naturally come here for emotional support when they encounter a catastrophe like this

Vatoloco

Jul 16, 2001
@Vatoloco_OT
Most people view OT as an online community, not an entertainment resort. They will naturally come here for emotional support when they encounter a catastrophe like this

That's a jump. It might be true but I doubt it is reality.

This isn't a real name site (fuck facebook, etc) and the vast majority of OTTERS don't notice that someone who usually posts every day hasn't posted for the last 2 weeks.

And that's the way this site needs to continue to work. You are a screenname and I want to continue to know you as such. Tell me about your wife, kids and dog and it's all good but hopefully I remember them when I see them again as only as random pictures with no name association and zero knowledge of them belonging to your screenname.

Airports and TSA are fucking with that.

Ameter

Mar 31, 2005
Calgary, AB
That's a jump. It might be true but I doubt it is reality.

This isn't a real name site (fuck facebook, etc) and the vast majority of OTTERS don't notice that someone who usually posts every day hasn't posted for the last 2 weeks.

And that's the way this site needs to continue to work. You are a screenname and I want to continue to know you as such. Tell me about your wife, kids and dog and it's all good but hopefully I remember them when I see them again as only as random pictures with no name association and zero knowledge of them belonging to your screenname.

Airports and TSA are fucking with that.
I have a great deal of trouble establishing personal connections with people and don't have anyone on here whom I consider a close friend, and yet I still view OT as a community, not an entertainment resort. For someone like GW and Monk who do have close friends on here, it would be even more a community.

You're the odd one out on your POV. That's fine - but recognize that for most here, it's very different.

I won't debate this further with you, to avoid shitting up the thread. If you really care that much about it to debate, make a thread.

Vatoloco

Jul 16, 2001
@Vatoloco_OT
Its true. Get a grip dude. Take this "debate" to another thread.

Fair enough.

It just freaks me out that someone "young" who anonymously chastised me less than 24 hours ago is suddenly gone. And for no good reason that wasn't drugs, suicide, car accident, or any other fault of his own.

That kind of IRL shit fucks with you so you internalize it to be "what if" stuff in personal things... I can't imagine how it is for those who actually knew him. Sincerely, I hope everyone who knew him can process it, move forward, make amends, help the immediate family if needed, and mourn productively. SERIOUS sorry for your loss.

TrippZ

Sep 3, 2006
Dallas, TX
i called him ari jun and he gave me so much lip over it, said i sounded like one of his aunties :rofl:

can't even imagine how you guys feel :hug: you guys are in my thoughts.

How the hell :rofl: ari Jun!! Voyyyy voy voy cheghat kareh bad mikoni ehhhhhhh!!! Tof be saret!

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec