TECH Lots of ideas for running an internet business. But lacking skills..

nzwasp

Jun 1, 2006
Calgary, AB
Good Afternoon.
So I have always (well for the last few years) wanted to start an internet business and I have some good ideas. However all of my ideas require a) some sort of database driven software and b) some php/perl code to run queries and interact with other web apps.

I can get myself around html, and ive written some perl code before which changed a whole bunch of router configurations to provide automatic failover incase of a drop in a circuit however I don't have many clues about how I would say make a page - involve a database, have buttons or rather a form that interacts with the database and spits out the content based on selection to a webpage. Also I want to be able to interact with google maps for some projects.

What sort of course (preferrably free) could I do either online or by following some book. When I was in university in NZ I learned VB5 and some C++ and I found that learning by example was the easiest way back then.

Any suggestions or help in any form would be appreciated.

Falconer

Jun 23, 2006
Or go on Shark Tank and sell your idea to people with money who know people with skills.

TS
TS
nzwasp

nzwasp

Jun 1, 2006
Calgary, AB
Or go on Shark Tank and sell your idea to people with money who know people with skills.
Lol im sure my ideas have already been done by other people in other cities, i just think that they would help me and other residents of my city if they were in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan