GUN Love Of Guns Outdated

FusionZ06

/\__/\__/\__0>
Apr 10, 2004
Sunshine State
October 5, 2008
In its search for peace, it is a sad commentary for our nation to be identified with a zeal for "Gun Love" [CTWeek, Sept. 28].

Understandably, The Courant's article emphasizes a virtuous and innocent enjoyment of guns. However, this perspective has become outdated and is far too shallow at a time when guns represent a symbol of violence and conflict.

Furthermore, it appears paradoxical that a father-daughter relationship is said to be nurtured by a sport that inspires a love for guns. Today, the very picture of holding a gun has the unfortunate implication that the weapon is used for a purpose other than target practice or the promotion of a hobby.

I would urge gun lovers to sacrifice by not insisting on the right to bear arms, for whatever reason, but to recognize that we are living in an era of gun proliferation that is resulting in school, street and domestic violence, and unwarranted wars rather than improved sportsmanship.

Ulrich Eschholz, Ashford

These people amaze me...

PC Principle

Mar 12, 2004
You should reply with this picture. He would shit his pants just taking a glance at this evil rifle.

6h6t5e.jpg

AVengeance

Aug 17, 2004
In my bunker Position:Hunkering
Funny how they don't understand what guns mean to anyone except THEM. To THEM, guns are scary things that bring about thoughts of violence. To me, guns bring about thoughts of my stepmom yelling to get our boots off at the door while the smell of a home-cooked lunch radiates across to the open front door, as my father and I set our rifles against the wall and talk about why I only got a doe again this year.

It always amazes me that these antigun nuts have no idea what guns are used for outside their hollywood universe of cops and robbers.

HisXLNC

๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑
Oct 26, 2000
Island of Electronicus
Yeah, because the bad guys are just going to put their guns down for the greater good of humanity. :ugh:

It's amazing how many anti-gunners are just plain fucking idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan