ART LR3 Presets

The Cable Guy

Jul 10, 2006
Rowland Heights, CA
So I caught a virus and it was bad enough to need to reformat. I had this killer pre-set pack that I got from OTAP 1-2 years ago. Did a search, found the link, but it was dead. Anyone have that preset pack, or recommend any other free ones? Thanks!

Aero277

Aug 13, 2003
Los Angeles
Was it the TotallyRad pack in the original lightroom sticky thread? I remember when I first got Lightroom, I found a HUGE pack on Piratebay. After installing all 11ty thousand of them, I went through and got rid of all of the ones I deemed were retarded.

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
It's not really :bowdown: imo :o

Most of them are shit. Even the totally rad stuff.. the problem with presets is that they only work for some images. Others will just look totally wrong and may not match your shooting style at all.

So by the time you've got your unprocessed image, then tried a bunch of presets to see which work, you might as well have just done it yourself. Plus you learn more by processing your own images.

The only ones I really use are the split tone presets and vignettes, and that's pretty rare

TS
TS
The Cable Guy

The Cable Guy

Jul 10, 2006
Rowland Heights, CA
It's not really :bowdown: imo :o

Most of them are shit. Even the totally rad stuff.. the problem with presets is that they only work for some images. Others will just look totally wrong and may not match your shooting style at all.

So by the time you've got your unprocessed image, then tried a bunch of presets to see which work, you might as well have just done it yourself. Plus you learn more by processing your own images.

The only ones I really use are the split tone presets and vignettes, and that's pretty rare

True, but its kind of cool just to see what is changed in each preset to create the effect. Easier than messing with all the controls yourself since you can simply mouse over the preset to see a preview of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor