TECH Mac Crew: Macbook Air with Super Drive + Applecare for $1280. Good deal?

soccerbud

OT Supporter
Jul 12, 2002
The price of old Macbook models have plummeted since the release o the aluminum macbooks and pro's. Thus, I've been scouring around for a Macbook Air to play with.

Came across one a Macbook Air + Super drive + applecare for $1280 shipped on ebay. Was wondering if that's a good deal or not?

any suggestion?

pursebuyer

Oct 27, 2008
The price of old Macbook models have plummeted since the release o the aluminum macbooks and pro's. Thus, I've been scouring around for a Macbook Air to play with.

Came across one a Macbook Air + Super drive + applecare for $1280 shipped on ebay. Was wondering if that's a good deal or not?

any suggestion?

Id say its a pretty good deal, I got mine for 1300

Jacen2141

Aug 10, 2004
SC
At Best Buy we've marked previous model (new in box) MBAs down to 1299 so you might check that out before stock is depleted. Best Buy only carried the 1.6ghz/80gb model though.

Then again, that's without applecare and superdrive.

robwormald

Oct 8, 2002
Santa Cruz, CA
i've just dumped my 1g air for my new MBP

i liked the build and design of the air... but its underpowered, underclocked, and overhot.

couldnt use it on a bed or a lap, because it would over heat watching youtube after 10 mins
once it overheats, it downclocks both cores to 800mhz, at which point it becomes useless until it cools down again.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan