TECH MacBook Pro vs. Linksys Range Expander vs. Netgear router

Ronin

Jun 1, 2006
How do I get online using the Range Expander? Getting online with just the router isn't a problem...just that when I have the Range Expander is hooked up, nothing works.

Help brotatos

kmad86

Swine Epidemic Survival Crew '09
OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2003
Ft. Smith, AR
I have the range expander hooked up in the house and have no problem. I do have it hooked into a WRT54G though. I am pretty sure you can't use it with anything but the Linksys routers. At least that is what the box says.

I recall trying to hook it up to my AirPort Extreme Base Station and I don't think it would let me.

kmad86

Swine Epidemic Survival Crew '09
OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2003
Ft. Smith, AR
There might be some type of bypass though. Those older Linksys systems have lots of software hacks available. But again... I am not always right.

Anybody... Correct me if I am wrong.

TS
TS
Ronin

Ronin

Jun 1, 2006
i talked to the Linsys rep (India ofcourse) and they said that it wouldn't work on any other router other than their Linksys WRT54G or newer gen routers with wireless-G

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448