TECH mactheripper

eatininbed01

OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2005
i've been using mactheripper to obviously rip dvds onto my computer, but it is changing the dvd to a folder, and the folder has the audio and video tracks....

how do i get the dvd to be a movie file?

thanks

Morpheus647

Jan 17, 2006
If you are trying to burn the dvds after you rip them use toast and choose video>DVD-video from VIDEO_TS then drag the video_ts folder into the space and click burn.

Mar 14, 2006
Canada
you can also use Handbrake to rip the movie into a smaller .avi or .mpeg file. you loose a little quality doing this.. but it's nice if you are only going to watch the movie on your computer.

TS
TS

eatininbed01

OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2005
LOLZILLA said:
Just drag the parent folder containing all folders into, say, Toast.

To play the video in front row, it will come up in your movie menu if you've ripped the movie to your "Movies" folder.

To play it using DVD Player, just start DVD player and load the movie form its parent folder.

i started dvd player, and loaded the movie from the parent folder. It came up with an error message that said that the file was not supported....

Raider007

om nom nom nom
Aug 26, 2002
Bay Area
eatininbed01 said:
i started dvd player, and loaded the movie from the parent folder. It came up with an error message that said that the file was not supported....

open up the video_ts folder, not just the parent directory

Ignited

Mar 5, 2007
Philly/NJ
So to try this out i put in my dvd of "the pursuit of happiness"...mactheripper starts, scans, then i get a message saying the encryption can't be read. What now?

Ignited

Mar 5, 2007
Philly/NJ
Did you do a full movie rip or just the main feature only? Get any warnings popping up after the initial scan?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maxvell32