TECH Macworld 2009

TheWeasel

January 5th-9th 2009 (a week earlier then normal).

Who's planning on going to Macworld? Not sure when I'll be getting in and leaving yet but I plan to have a couple extra days before and after (maybe even an extra week). There are always all kinds of parties each night (although most are invite only).

I have free passes. PM me if you would like one. Please only people that really are serious about going as I only have so many.

TS
TS

TheWeasel

what will they have to show besides for Snow Leopard?

I'm sure there will be some kinda hardware release and it won't be a computer. Seems Apple is looking at the consumer electronics more these days. Who knows what it'll be. I would suspect we might see an update to the mini or something else to the computer line too at that time.

ady

Mar 3, 2005
UK
Not going. But looking forward to it. Heres to hoping they drop Gainestown Mac Pro's. :x: I needs me more power.

Intel say they won't start making them until Q1 2009 so I wouldn't hold my breath.

ady

Mar 3, 2005
UK
January is Q1 2009. :dunno:

Apple had Yorkfield Mac Pro's before Intel actually released them to other OEMs. So here is to hoping once again :x:

Other OEMs did have them, just not high profile ones like Dell and HP. That was also a bit of a different situation as it wasn't a new processor but basically something that existed as soon as they started making quad cores at the end of 2006, but not in enough volume to sell.

I'd expect the new one around 6 weeks after they start making the Nehalem Xeons. Which should be November or January. So basically a January to March release.

TS
TS

TheWeasel

Conference and setup starts tomorrow and the Keynote and show on Tuesday. Predictions?

Sounds like IDG (company that runs Macworld) wants people to show up early on Wednesday morning to talk about how they can go about making Macworld happen again next year without Apple. Should be interesting to see what they come up with although chances are slim I'll be going to that meeting. Sad to see many of the annual parties aren't happening this year. :(

Raider007

om nom nom nom
Aug 26, 2002
Bay Area
I have passes to go, but I'll be leaving for out of town meetings on Tuesday till Thursday, then going to CES on Friday...
so not going this year...

TS
TS

TheWeasel

I have passes to go, but I'll be leaving for out of town meetings on Tuesday till Thursday, then going to CES on Friday...
so not going this year...

Sounds like fun. I'll say hi to Sinbad when I see him for ya. ;)

trouphaz

Sep 22, 2003
sounds like a mini update would be nice. i'm hearing dual displays and updated procs + graphics. it'll be interesting to see all of this stuff if they can keep the cost down as well.

andymodem

Ambitious, but rubbish.
Oct 4, 2001
Baltimore, MD
Really hoping theres a Mini refresh. If it get's upgraded I'm seriously considering purchasing one and getting rid of the hackintosh.

c.a

Jan 24, 2006
read an article on cnet saying that they might start using amd processors for laptops.. but thats just speculation.... :dunno:

ady

Mar 3, 2005
UK
read an article on cnet saying that they might start using amd processors for laptops.. but thats just speculation.... :dunno:

Not a chance. AMD can't offer Apple what Intel can on a number of fronts.

CarRamRod

The schnozzberries taste like schnozzberries.
Jan 16, 2006
Austin, TX
Mini update would be cool, mine runs my TV fine, but I think there's a lot of people that would be interested in one for light gaming, which the current one cannot do.

In for more video card options on Mac Pros ;) Well, 1st gen ones :x:

ady

Mar 3, 2005
UK
In for more video card options on Mac Pros ;) Well, 1st gen ones :x:

Unless AMD are releasing the 4850 and 4870 that were rumoured some months back then don't expect anything until the new Mac Pros arrive. Which is looking like May based on the available information. Hopefully they learnt from the 8800GT issue and the new cards will work on all Mac Pros at launch.

TS
TS

TheWeasel

Already seeing the new apps coming. Toast 10, Fusion 4, Google Picasa, etc have all been released today. The setup seemed no less busy today. Things are going on in the north hall this year (not sure if the west hall is setup this year like it was last as I didn't wander there but it seems they've gone back to using the north instead of the west).

Any more guesses what'll be on these banners when rolled out tomorrow?

2ias9ir.jpg

6t2x4m.jpg

xenon supra

OT Supporter
Feb 3, 2005
San Diego, CA
yup. 1pm Eastern time, iirc.

12pm eastern me thinks.

Welcome to the MacRumors.com Live Coverage site. This site provides live coverage of Apple events such as the WWDC and Macworld San Francisco keynotes, serving up to 750,000 visitors per event.
We will be providing live coverage of the Keynote at Macworld San Francisco on Tuesday, January 6th, 2009 at 9am PST (UTC - 8). For advertising opportunities at this event please contact us.
You can also receive updates via SMS by following our live announcement Twitter account.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448