Made Chicken Wings on the Weber!

Tonster MBA

OT'r of the Year 2013
OT Supporter
Jul 10, 2007
LA
Spent all of NYE cooking wings, because there was not much else to do.

Enjoy!

Reactions: alex

Shep762

Sep 2, 2003
Just 909 things
Was gonna talk shit for not using a poortex but looks like you essentially did with those rocks. I just cut the bottom off a stainless mixing bowl and did it that way. Good stuff!

TS
TS
Tonster MBA

Tonster MBA

OT'r of the Year 2013
OT Supporter
Jul 10, 2007
LA
Was gonna talk shit for not using a poortex but looks like you essentially did with those rocks. I just cut the bottom off a stainless mixing bowl and did it that way. Good stuff!
Ah nice idea! I might have to try that out. This was my first time doing wings so I just used some rocks, haha.

TS
TS
Tonster MBA

Tonster MBA

OT'r of the Year 2013
OT Supporter
Jul 10, 2007
LA
You showed the wings cooking before you started the coals. :nope:

Enjoyed your NYE meal with a side of tears?
Yeah, I messed up the order here. I posted it on my Instagram and this was my first time using the video editor function on my s10 and must have misclicked the order of the video. Forgive me.

Shep762

Sep 2, 2003
Just 909 things
Ah nice idea! I might have to try that out. This was my first time doing wings so I just used some rocks, haha.
Another OTer posted it here before, apparently there's some Vortex device you can buy that has the same effect, our poortex version is just a modified bowl :rofl: also toss a wood chunk in the middle to add a little smoke to your wings in the beginning
20190415_173545_copy_600x800.jpg

wildflower

OT Supporter
May 17, 2002
No place for older men
What's wrong with a weber? It's literally just a container for hot coals, why would I need anything else?
A Weber is one of the best deals on the planet.

I've never gone wrong with one. You can cook a thanksgiving turkey with one. The product is amazing and their support of their product is pretty damn good.
I finally bumped up to a Weber propane grill, and Its fine.

Reactions: Shep762
TS
TS
Tonster MBA

Tonster MBA

OT'r of the Year 2013
OT Supporter
Jul 10, 2007
LA
Another OTer posted it here before, apparently there's some Vortex device you can buy that has the same effect, our poortex version is just a modified bowl :rofl: also toss a wood chunk in the middle to add a little smoke to your wings in the beginning
View attachment 92120
Nice, those are some great tips. Makes totally sense. I knew theoretically I needed to do something to optimize the heat, but the bottom of a mixing bowl sounds easy as 5 mins with the multi-tool. I live in LA, so there are not too many spare chunks of wood. Is it worth buying some? Or is it a luxury if you have it.

TS
TS
Tonster MBA

Tonster MBA

OT'r of the Year 2013
OT Supporter
Jul 10, 2007
LA
My secret regarding chicken wings - dry them off good and dredge them in rub and cornstarch. Cook slow for awhile, then crisp them up.
Oh nice, I didn't think do that. I just kept them wet and sloppy the whole time with lots of sugary juices, but I could accomplish the same if I dry them after I flavor them. Thanks for the tip!

Shep762

Sep 2, 2003
Just 909 things
Nice, those are some great tips. Makes totally sense. I knew theoretically I needed to do something to optimize the heat, but the bottom of a mixing bowl sounds easy as 5 mins with the multi-tool. I live in LA, so there are not too many spare chunks of wood. Is it worth buying some? Or is it a luxury if you have it.
Just grab a bag of these next time you're at home depot, a few bucks and at this rate will last a long time. I like Apple as an all-purpose smoke
kingsford-grilling-wood-100524113-64_600.jpg

Reactions: Tonster MBA

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman