Malibu Steak/Seafood restaurant says, "Fuck it" and opens

B-Line

Stand Up Philosopher
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
While I'm all for intelligent design, planning and implementation of guidelines to help slow the pandemic, I am not for stupid virtue signaling that effects peoples lives and businesses.
To date, there is almost no evidence that dining outside is a source of spread of Covid.
Local and state health departments have even acknowledged that dining outside does not spread Covid but they want the public to "feel safe." So they have ordered restaurants closed even though they admit, they aren't a problem.

So, Mastro's said, Fuck it and they are open for business.

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
I believe outdoor dining is relatively safe, provided that it's actually outdoors and properly distanced. I see so many restaurants with fully or 3/4 enclosed tents and people sitting back to back with their chairs almost touching. Let restaurants keen outdoor dining open, but make sure its actually done right.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
I believe outdoor dining is relatively safe, provided that it's actually outdoors and properly distanced. I see so many restaurants with fully or 3/4 enclosed tents and people sitting back to back with their chairs almost touching. Let restaurants keen outdoor dining open, but make sure its actually done right.

even outside. wind is gona blow the covid over to your table from upwind.

TS
TS
B-Line

B-Line

Stand Up Philosopher
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Again, there is actually zero data to backup that any of the dining practices that were outdoors lead to any spread of covid.
So "feeling like" people are too close isn't the same thing as people actually being too close.

And if this is true that they are too close, shouldn't all airplanes, buses, subways, etc. also be shut down?

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
The latest data shows that the #1 place Covid is spreading is construction sites. There isn't even conversation of construction being shut down regardless if it's "essential construction" or just business as usual.

link?

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Again, there is actually zero data to backup that any of the dining practices that were outdoors lead to any spread of covid.
So "feeling like" people are too close isn't the same thing as people actually being too close.

And if this is true that they are too close, shouldn't all airplanes, buses, subways, etc. also be shut down?

• Wow
Reactions: FartLighter

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Your 100% right. Maybe 1000%
except for the fact this actually hasn't been an issue since outdoor dining started.

doesnt matter now. all the outdoor dining by me is basically enclosed tents. which has got to be worse than just eating inside.

Miesha Taint

May 6, 2006

airplanes, buses, and subways are essential

eating at a restaurant is not

furthermore, you can wear a mask while traveling but you can't while eating

hth and ban for no POL tag

eK

OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
I live in a very red state and blue state liberals are enjoying this mess. They love what they keep insisting we call “the new normal” and lockdowns give them a sickening sense of perverse satisfaction.

• Haha
Reactions: BlasterMaster

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kassile