TECH man I hate music on sites

Falconer

Jun 23, 2006
Agreed.

I also hate sites that disable middle click new tab.

And I really hate sites that even have ctrl+click new tab disabled (sometimes ctrl+tab works even if middle click doesn't).

And I REALLY have sites that even have shift+click new window disabled (sometimes I do this when middle click and ctrl+click don't work)

Listen motherfucker, I don't want to open the link in the current tab. Fuck you.

komplex

I remember when one of my clients wanted to autoplay this video commercial on the website that blasts loud music. I told them no way I would make that happen. They said "why not, it has our catchy tune, and it's a video.. People want to see that!" Told them it scares people who have the volume turned up, and mostly it's just really annoying, and left it at that. :hs:

TS
TS
Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975

Mod of the Year
Jan 6, 2005
Detroit
the only way I will put music on a site is if it is for a band or musician, regular businesses don't need it

TS
TS
Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975

Mod of the Year
Jan 6, 2005
Detroit
Whole thing is written in flash too :rofl:

And their service only accepts jpegs :ugh2:
I didn't stay around long enough to look into it :rofl:

what pisses me off when it comes to jpegs, that is what my printer wants me to do bring in for him to print, not indesign, or illustrator or photoshop files, no, just jpegs, he does not even want them converted to pdf :rofl:

so I use him for shit I need done quickly

TS
TS
Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975

Mod of the Year
Jan 6, 2005
Detroit
I could understand not wanting PSD, AI, etcetera because they can pull from resources that you might not consider sending with them. Fonts would be the obvious example here, and even sending the fonts could be a liability.

But the fact that he wants jpeg (not pdf, png, tif, etc) is a little bizarre.
you can package it up, and it will allow them to open up the file and have the fonts in the package so they can print them, done it with other printers and not a big deal, but the jpeg has me puzzled lol

TS
TS
Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975

Mod of the Year
Jan 6, 2005
Detroit
Right, I get that, but I'm saying that might be why he just says "no AI files" (etc). He doesn't want to dick around with the back-and-forth. Just sayin' I could understand that position of his. I don't understand the jpeg one. That's just weird.
true, but with image files you can't set up no bleeds, no matter the size of the file, printing it out will shrink it and put a small white border on it, so that is why a lot of printers want the design files because of no bleed

he is the first printer I have came across that does not want it, and makes me wonder if he does not want to buy the adobe suite :mamoru:

ElAmigo

Jun 4, 2002
starts all over when you switch pages

I'm tempted to email the guy and ask him if he's serious with this shit

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec