GUN Marines: Buying medals online? Mounting?

WildBull

I've got to buy a full rack of standard anodized medals (iraq deployment, etc). Is there anywhere online that's considered the best for this?

Accord

Jan 19, 2004
Florida
Anyone know of a place online where I can order? I come home in a few weeks and we only have about 2-3 days before we go on postdeployment leave and those few days i'm not going to have time to get it done. I just need a place I can order online easily and throw them on my blues.

Jyokker

The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn
Nov 15, 2004
Panama City, FL
Why doesn't the military provide this? I'm confused as to why you would have to buy your own medals and such...
They give you a clothing allowance, which is money each year to purchase and maintain your uniforms. Also, when you receive a new medal, they give you one. All other decorations you buy for yourself.

FuzzyBunny

I Doubt It
Dec 7, 2006
Florida
They give you a clothing allowance, which is money each year to purchase and maintain your uniforms. Also, when you receive a new medal, they give you one. All other decorations you buy for yourself.

So what type of decorations would that entail?

Your rank insignia and they give you medals like the bronze star and such?

FuzzyBunny

I Doubt It
Dec 7, 2006
Florida
They give you the medals, but if you have many, it can become a PITA to mount them on your uniform. Buying the thin ones online are awesome, and they look sharp.

What the fuck are you the mod of anyway? :rofl: :hsugh:

ahh gotchya.

I'm a mod of Life After Offtopic.

Was interested in joining the army after HS until my recruiter started calling me everyday to come sign the papers. Sketched me out bad enough to not want to go talk to him any more.

So every once in awhile I glance in here because I'm still interested in the military even if I'm past the point of wanting to join it.

Jyokker

The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn
Nov 15, 2004
Panama City, FL
So what type of decorations would that entail?

Your rank insignia and they give you medals like the bronze star and such?
Decorations are ribbons worn on the left. All the other crap is accouterments. This is coming from an AF guy, other branches may vary.

RoblesGT

#PuertoRicoLibre
OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2001
San Diego

i wish i got medals for free, :wtc:

wait i did, i worked in supply, :eek5:

EYOB

Wait, can we buy tickets at the ball ??

I told my command I was going, but didn't bother to buy tickets. Now, I'm told it's mandatory that we go. I'm thinking about not even attending. I did it once before and didn't catch shit for it. :dunno:

aftershock-

rawr -.-
Oct 26, 2003
Yuma, AZ
How well does the magnetic backings work with the thin ribbons? ive been thinking of ordering a set with the mag's but a bit skeptical on if they will fall of or be easily moved

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor