LOVE Matching tattoos with your partner

audrey

Jan 9, 2005
Down Under
So I know that getting your partners name tattooed is considered bad luck etc What's your view on getting matching tattoos? Do you think it's kinda the same thing?

el gayvo

Oct 17, 2001
N. California
So I know that getting your partners name tattooed is considered bad luck etc What's your view on getting matching tattoos? Do you think it's kinda the same thing?

my best friend and I may get matching sugar skulls. been best friends since we were little and we think this is a great way to show it. I think matching tattoos are an awesome idea under the right circumstances/

Scout

OT Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Awwwz

I don't know, what if you break up? I guess you'll still have a tattoo that will 'represent' your partner?

my best friend and I may get matching sugar skulls. been best friends since we were little and we think this is a great way to show it. I think matching tattoos are an awesome idea under the right circumstances/
My best mate since I was kindergarten and I plan to get the same too.

Any pics of both of yours?

d3cromanc3r

79 Слизняков
Jun 14, 2006
Maui
i think they're kind of lame, but if that's what you're into more power to you.

my ex-girlfriend insisted that she get a tattoo about me, and i get one of her, and i said no, even though i really did plan on spending the rest of my life with her. well i drew up what she wanted me to, and now she's walking around with a tattoo about me, and i wonder how she feels about that.

garagegenius

Mar 19, 2005
ATL HOE
I got a matching tattoo with my best friend when we were 18. I know people think its gay, retarded, w/e but I'm glad I did. We're still friends and its like we have that bond of having the same tattoo and will forever. As far as doing it with a partner, spouse, etc, I could see that being a bad idea. If you stop talking or have a bad break up, you'll always associate that tattoo with that person, and with the bad memory. :dunno:

THoC

Feb 5, 2007
i dont think its the same at all although it does depend.

are you getting a tattoo of something that you like anyway? or is the tattoo not something you care for but are getting to match your SO?

if the first then its no biggie.

TS
TS
audrey

audrey

Jan 9, 2005
Down Under
i dont think its the same at all although it does depend.

are you getting a tattoo of something that you like anyway? or is the tattoo not something you care for but are getting to match your SO?

if the first then its no biggie.

Yeah definitely something we would like anyway. We aren't planning on getting love hearts or anything like that.

lick wid nit wit

Official OT Oracle
Aug 8, 2001
LJDrama.org
I have a matching tattoo with a very good friend. Right now we are having differences (I have no idea why) and the friendship may end but who cares, it's still a cool tattoo, and will represent a different time period in my life.

If the friendship ends, I won't regret the tattoo.

sorryforya

Apr 22, 2008
Getting your significant others name tattooed on you, personally I think is dumb. I know a lot of people who got their significant name on them, and they aren't even together. Now its on there forever even when they are with different partners.

Best friends that have been through a whole lot of shit, I guess, is different story though.

Hym3n

Jan 13, 2005
CO
A girl that I'm currently dating that has been my best friend for more than five years and I are considering getting a tattoo with the Pisces sign and each tattoo will have one fish on opposite corners. (We are both Pisces and together make a whole.)

Satanic Goatslayer

Aug 22, 2004
I'm PA Crew, SON! Posts: 666
My one friend is engaged and his woman has a tattoo of a lock on her foot. They've talked about him getting a key tattooed somewhere on him, even having it blended into a tattoo somewhere.

I told him it was a bad idea and they both gave me the :hsugh: He said it was just an "idea." I'd never do it but that's just me.

Toxica

Mar 10, 2008
IN
If you've been married for a long time, then I think it might be a good idea. However, if it's just a boyfriend or girlfriend, then I wouldn't suggest it.

1badbird

Oct 11, 2007
got matching tattoos with my girl....i said "if we get matching tattoos we are gonna break up, so I get to design it"

so here was my design
I just woke up so there are lines from the sheets
IMGP0108.jpg

diaper eater

OT Supporter
Nov 12, 2003
mpls, minnesota
me and my best friend have coinciding tattoos, yet not nearly identical. got em at the same time, with basically the same meaning, yet totally different physical representation

wizeguy4

Apr 5, 2002
Allentown, PA
I have thought about this with my wife. And everytime I think about it I talk about it saying to myself "if things dont work out, then I am stuck with this tattoo" but the sad reality is that I have been married over 10 years (april will actually be 12) and we were friends before that since we were both 12 years also so i have spent over 2/3 of my life with her, so I think that if things went bad at this point, i would have a whole lot more baggage than just some stupid tattoo. But I am not a fan of text regardless the font, as a tattoo

MADIZM

Your mother sux cocks in hell
Oct 13, 2001
Behind you with a knife....
I think getting one of each other isn't the best idea but the wifey and I are getting the same one of our son. Haven't decided on a design yet since he's not due for a couple weeks

heytch

Jan 14, 2009
i think it's a bad idea, regardless. if the relationship goes to hell, the tattoo will be a constant and painful reminder.

it's not like happy couples who think they would be together forever (a tattoo worthy thought) never split up. not saying you will! just flaunting some statistical facts.

(ps. yoo hoo audrey, look who got past initiation! :wavey:)

TS
TS
audrey

audrey

Jan 9, 2005
Down Under
i think it's a bad idea, regardless. if the relationship goes to hell, the tattoo will be a constant and painful reminder.

it's not like happy couples who think they would be together forever (a tattoo worthy thought) never split up. not saying you will! just flaunting some statistical facts.

(ps. yoo hoo audrey, look who got past initiation! :wavey:)

YOOHOO!!! :hay:

Paintballer

Choo Choooo....
May 22, 2001
KCMO
My best friend and I got matching ones for our first tattoos a few days before he got deployed to Iraq.

I got a scorpion tattoo on my calf (i'm a scorpio) and my brother liked it so much he went and got the same tatoo on his bicep. So now my tattoo has 2 meanings to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcdiana