Matts Off Road Recovery. v.earth swallowed a jeep

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest

A Utah YouTube star is being charged with defrauding insurance company AAA.

The man has been identified as 46-year-old Matthew David Wetzel from Hurricane. Wetzel is most known for starring in a YouTube channel called, “Matt’s Off-Road Recovery,” a channel dedicated to, “off-road towing, recoveries, and rescues” in southern Utah near Zion National Park, which has 892,000 subscribers as of posting this story.

The case is being filed by the Washington County Department of Insurance Fraud Division.

The charges allege that Wetzel’s towing company, Winder Towing, which is an AAA-affiliated company, has been defrauding AAA by filing false towing claims. From Jan. 2019 to Aug. 2020, authorities say Wetzel knowingly engaged in fraudulent tow claims and rendered services that were paid for by AAA.

HAPPENING NOW: Multiple vehicles shot at on I-15 in Juab County, two people hit
One instance involved three separate vehicles being towed to Salt Lake City. AAA paid Winder Towing $2,800 for the claimed tows. One of the individuals contacted by officials admits his car was never towed. That person claimed Wetzel told him to submit three tow claims to AAA instead of paying him for a construction material delivery, according to charging documents.

Another instance involved a man using Wetzel’s company to tow a truck from Apple Valley to Washington County. The person did not have a AAA membership at the time, but says Wetzel told him to join AAA and then file a towing claim a few days later, charging documents show.

A third instance involved Wetzel towing a Polaris RZR, an off-roading vehicle, from Sand Hollow State Park. This specific tow was filmed and uploaded onto Wetzel’s YouTube channel. AAA does not cover off-road vehicles. The vehicle owner admitted to using a friend’s AAA membership for the tow and then submitting a claim of using Wetzel’s company to bring the vehicle from Sand Hollow Park to Bluffdale, the charges allege.

“The IFD investigation discovered from January 2019 to August 2020, AAA paid over $15,000 to Winder Towing for claims that contained known material misrepresentations, such as claimed services and/or tow destinations,” according to court documents.

@whatever

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
FabRat's 3 kids lift the rear end completely up off the ground by the bumper, they could have floated it out easier with a couple of beach balls.

There is fucking always an easier way than the Matt way.

Edit: actually subscribed to Fab Rats just to watch them rebuild the LJ20. It's a cool little build. Still not subbed to MORR :rofl:

I subscribed to fabrats also but never watch the off road recovery channel nor am I subscribed to it. It’s funny to see how many more reviews the LJ videos get. Hopefully that keeps it on the fast track.

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
How come nobody is trolling them on YouTube yet? I went to the channel for some juicy drama and it’s all people sucking Matt off for helping a veteran or something

victor77

Internet Crew
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2011
Internets
Was just watching them pull that TRX out of the sand some idiot drove it into, later in the vid they pull out an X3 too. lol whoops

Thunderbear

Yggdrasil's Forester.
I subscribed to fabrats also but never watch the off road recovery channel nor am I subscribed to it. It’s funny to see how many more reviews the LJ videos get. Hopefully that keeps it on the fast track.

I hope so too, but Paul's dad just died, so I'm hoping Paul takes care of himself and gets his mind right. The Fab Rats video today was hard to watch.

• Support
Reactions: Oman4x4

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529