Matts Off Road Recovery. v.earth swallowed a jeep

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
I hope so too, but Paul's dad just died, so I'm hoping Paul takes care of himself and gets his mind right. The Fab Rats video today was hard to watch.

Was his dad featured on the channel? I literally have only watched the LJ20 videos after the algorithm recommended them to me

Thunderbear

Yggdrasil's Forester.
Was his dad featured on the channel? I literally have only watched the LJ20 videos after the algorithm recommended them to me

Not heavily, but Grandpa Sherm occasionally dropped by the shop or wheeled with them. Watch today's airbag install video and check out the rolling tow-truck abomination that Sherm and Paul and his brothers built from a fuckton of random parts. :rofl: It's both a neat tribute and a window into how Paul grew up and became a fabricator.

He was kind of like Ed on Matt's channel. Come in and take a nap in the shop while Paul bangs out random projects on various hoopties.

Reactions: DrewDown

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
That’d some bullshit, i got the camper towed outside of maroon bells in Colorado when my fuel pump died way up some national forest road, That dude drove way the fuck off-road in the rain/snow at night to get us and fudged the paperwork so our AAA would cover

Dudes a hero in my eyes

motherfuck the insurance industry!!

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas

phat🐄

#meltdowns are NOT based off post count
Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
rofl if you read about it more, its AAA's lack of controls over their service providers. its so goddamn inconsistent, some accept the app, some require the physical card "to prevent fraud" as i was told when i got my BMW stuck in a ditch in Northern California. id imagine their backend reconciliation process is equally loosy goosey.

when you call AAA and Bob DickHarrys Recovery comes, they sure as hell act like they dont want the AAA job and that they are doing you and them a favor by rescuing you.

Reactions: couchlock

Gixxer

OT Supporter
May 29, 2004
Gig Harbor, Washington
rofl if you read about it more, its AAA's lack of controls over their service providers. its so goddamn inconsistent, some accept the app, some require the physical card "to prevent fraud" as i was told when i got my BMW stuck in a ditch in Northern California. id imagine their backend reconciliation process is equally loosy goosey.

when you call AAA and Bob DickHarrys Recovery comes, they sure as hell act like they dont want the AAA job and that they are doing you and them a favor by rescuing you.

I had allstate motor club when I used to flip cars on the side.

I would buy a car with a blown motor and then call and say my car wouldnt start.

Free tow to my shop.

Had like 4 accounts with friends and family members.

Was awesome

Gixxer

OT Supporter
May 29, 2004
Gig Harbor, Washington
...and now I'm down this rabbit hole again.

How the F to people get themselves into these situations? :slap:

Renting a side by side with no idea as to what they're doing seems to be part of it, the rest people from lolfornia going up to utah and trying to go offroad/camp seems like a good portion of it too.

I think the jeep on suicide road episode was a dude that serviced cell towers and his GPS took him to the wrong trail or something.

Reactions: couchlock

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529